seed-train Non-Pepper Seed Train- Round 2 Boarding

Recieved last night in the mail. This thing is soo freeking awesome. Loaded with so many to choose from.

What I recieved
1.jpg

What I added--some cabbage, okra, zuccini, celery, beets etc.
2.jpg

Thanks again to all the riders who have contributed and to coach for starting and giving me a ticket to board the train ;) . Cant remember who put in the super tall African giant corn but that is something I am looking forward to trying this year. Mrs. Beer wanted to say thank you as well she had to grab a few of the flowers :D  

I will be meeting with Catherinew this afternoon and will hand deliver the train to her......choo....choo!

beerbreath81 said:
Recieved last night in the mail. This thing is soo freeking awesome. Loaded with so many to choose from.

What I recieved
attachicon.gif
1.jpg

What I added--some cabbage, okra, zuccini, celery, beets etc.
attachicon.gif
2.jpg

Thanks again to all the riders who have contributed and to coach for starting and giving me a ticket to board the train ;) . Cant remember who put in the super tall African giant corn but that is something I am looking forward to trying this year. Mrs. Beer wanted to say thank you as well she had to grab a few of the flowers :D  

I will be meeting with Catherinew this afternoon and will hand deliver the train to her......choo....choo!

Ah- very nice about the hand delivery!

I love your labels. We traded some seeds awhile back. I felt like a scrub giving you Sharpied bags when you gave me fancy labels with color pictures. :)

Thanks!

Am anxiously awaiting the meeting with Beerbreath this afternoon.  I have many seeds to add tonight and will get it off to Coach tomorrow.

Yeah, Beerbreath makes wonderful labels for his seeds.  He's sooo appreciated!!!  Maybe we can 'hire' him to make labels for us??

PM to Coach for address.

catherinew said:
The train left the station on Saturday and should arrive at Coach's door on Monday or Tuesday. Very heavy with corn and beans - and lots more from beerbreath and me.
Got it. Thanks so much to all. It's been fun & has certainly diversified my selections. If it would just stop raining (over 4" in a week), I'll get to work in the garden!

Thanks again everyone. Will start it back up in the fall with leftovers & new additions... and who knows- maybe even some peppers.

FGpepperguy said:
Someone put in some Portuguese 14 tomato seeds. Does anyone have info on this variety?

sdambr put those in. I'll forward what she sent me about them. Interesting story. "Orphan." I'm growing one plant & have blossoms on it... maybe a few small green tomatoes already. 
sdambr said:
So glad it went smoothly, keep me in mind when you start again.  Although I am more of a lurker than a poster, I love this group!

Coach, I am glad you kept that but I will post here too. Portuguese was the name of the variety, I received seeds this year from Steph at the Long Island seed swap I put '14 as the year. She asked me to grow out 3 varieties and distribute seeds as they are orphan varieties. I figured I would start sharing as I don't have much room. I will grow a plant and share once I get more. She did say only she was distributing this year so not much info on them. info from tatianas tomatoes
http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Portuguese

sdambr said:
Coach, I am glad you kept that but I will post here too. Portuguese was the name of the variety, I received seeds this year from Steph at the Long Island seed swap I put '14 as the year. She asked me to grow out 3 varieties and distribute seeds as they are orphan varieties. I figured I would start sharing as I don't have much room. I will grow a plant and share once I get more. She did say only she was distributing this year so not much info on them. info from tatianas tomatoes
http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Portuguese
Thanks you coach and sdambr for the info.  I am growing this variety.

Back