• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Noob trying to become a GreenThumb (Pics inside)

First time grower and first time poster here. I've been stalking this forum for over a month and collected most of my info here thanks to you all! I Got the majority of my seeds from the recommened places in the vault. Pepperlover came through!

Peppers that have sprouted so far (planted on 12-22-2015):

Habanero (dont know the colors got 4 sprouted)
Carmel Moruga Scorpion
Cumra Cherry (first to sprout looking really strong)
Devil's Brain (next three to sprout fast sprouters!)
7 Pod Bubblegum Large
7 Pod Congo SR Gigantic

Not yet sprouted planted on 1-4-2016:

Peach Bhut
Carolina Reaper
Virginia Gold #2 (tobacco)

http://m.imgur.com/cniI3wp
http://m.imgur.com/whpPDLj
http://m.imgur.com/mNHvXOH

Any help, especially constructive critisizem would help thanks all!

:welcome: to the THP forums! Looks like your off to a great start! I've used the plastic baggies on each individual cup as a 'personal greenhouse' effect many times-works great, just be careful to allow some air exchange at times- you don't want to develop any mold/mildew or have the seedlings suffer the dreaded 'damping off'. Nice selection of peppers to start off with- Devil's Brain is a great pepper!  :twisted:

Alchymystic said:
:welcome: to the THP forums! Looks like your off to a great start! I've used the plastic baggies on each individual cup as a 'personal greenhouse' effect many times-works great, just be careful to allow some air exchange at times- you don't want to develop any mold/mildew or have the seedlings suffer the dreaded 'damping off'. Nice selection of peppers to start off with- Devil's Brain is a great pepper!  :twisted:
Ya im terrified of the dreaded 'damping off'. I dont know if this is a normal practice, but 5 of my cups didnt sprout after 12 days. I got curious and started digging to find 4 of the 5 cups had sprouted. I then realized i had sowed the seed too deep. I lightly cleared the potting mix off the bent over seedling (extremely white stem) took the baggie off and put directly under light. After about a day or two of light BOOM off and sprouting, i feel like i saved lives....

DON"T do what most ALL of us did in OUR early years.
KILL THEM WITH LOVE!

Looks cool so far.

Don't kill them with love.

Just keep them happy.

If things hit the fan,nature takes over.

Since you maybe don't know the cause of ???
Don't overdose them trying to fix it.
Mother Nature will take over...

@smokemaster Ive never grown anything and live in a place that gets up to 110 degrees for a week or two at a time during summer months. I highly doubt i get fruit but im gonna try i already hijacked 25 food grade five gallon pickle buckets from burger king. I work at lowes so i just buy the ripped bags of kellogs patio mix. I am in no way expecting a great crop, i just like the challenge so what ever happens; happens. I will keep posting photos

Just wanted to say that the Carolina Reapers seem to be slow growers.

Mine took ages to sprout. I've had them since Feb' 2015, and now they are the strongest plants I have. Still haven't given my any fruits though :p

dragonsfire said:
Welcome to the Forum and Good luck :)
Agreed..

Hit the little picture looking image next to the <> on the top of nav bar when posting. Then put your links to the imgur and it will post the photo right in the thread.

Back