Noobie - How to post picture?

I was going to add some pics to a message but can't figure out how to do it. I read the FAQ and it says to click on "manage attachments" but when i start a new thread i don't see that. any words of advice?

Baxter, you need to setup a free account with a site like photobucket, where you can upload your photos to. Then you just copy the link and past it to your post. Hope this helps ya...

Also, A good thing to remember is to make sure the pic isn't to big (length & height wise) cause the pic won't fit to the page, the page will fit to the pic. So you want to make sure the pic is small enough to be able to see the entire pic without having to move the screen left and right.

I learnt this the hard way.:oops:

A good way to check is to preview post before submitting it.

Cheers

Ya, just have the image uploaded on the 'Net somewhere.
Then either use the
insertimage.gif
button to insert it to your posts.

I generally resize to about 640x480 and under 100Kb, but I host myself..most Image Hosts will give ya a URL for "email" or "thumbnail" sizes if pics are large.

If ya don't hava image software, XnView is very good.

Let us know if ya have troubles. :)

-QS

rainbowberry said:
I'd certainly recommend photobucket too. I'm with another big photo hosting site as well but it's that good I can't remember the name of it.

Maybe Flickr? Snapfish? Fotki?

imageshack...

that is what I was using until I switched to photobucket....like photobucket way much more than I did Imageshack but lost all my pics on imageshack it looks like...

Back