• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

not a bhut jolokia

I grow most of my peppers from seed, but this particular plant came from a local nursery. It was labeled as ghost pepper, but it certainly doesnt look like a ghost to me? I bought two plant, the other with an identical label is indeed a ghost pepper :) Can anyone assist. 
imposter ghost.jpg

Well. I still dont know! ^^ that is a very cool looking pepper and the colors! It looks so close, but i never got that neat purple. My went green to orange to red. I picked the first one today. The pepper has a slightly sweet taste to it and not floral. The heat level (only if you eat the vein) is somewhere below a habenero heat, but definitely not considered mild by any means. What I cant understand is how it would happen? The nursery I got this at wasnt known to carry anything "exotic". 

I think I figured it out! Jamaican Red Hot.    I was racking my brain from the that trip and I remember they had one other type of hot pepper and I had never had it. Im sure the tags were switched. There was a sign for Jamaican Red Hot peppers. It sound like a vague name to me and wasnt sure it was an "actual pepper" so I had passed on getting one ( or so I thought). Certain Google images line up pretty well with that epiphany  I had. I think the mystery is solved and I thank you guys for the help. 

Showmedasauce: what is your take on the aji arnaucho pepper? You must like it since you are growing a couple and multiple years. Im curious as I love Aji varieties and love growing new ones. 

Back