• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Not Bhut Jolokia I assume, but what is it?

Hi! I got this plant from a friend who told me this was Bhut Jolokia, since that was the seeds he had ordered from some website. But it was just a few centimeters when I got it. 

It is the first time I grow peppers so I don't have much knowledge, but I do not believe it is Bhut Jolokia after having googled what they should look like. So what is it? Does anyone have an idea?

Most of them are round but some are quite pointy in the bottom and they are really hot(!). And the plant produces around 300 peppers per season...

14212775_10154376723382088_8077657624207348520_n.jpg

balages74 said:
Neve had a hab myself, but Couldnt it be red habanero?

Thanks for the reply :) 

I agree that it does look like some kind of habanero. But how hot are they? Because when I simply touch these (of course I wash my hands directly afterwards) my hands turn red and it feels like they are burning all night. And using one whole in a LARGE casserole would make it inedible. I can use a half maximum and that makes i HOT. Is that normal for a red habanero? 

Our sensitivity to capsaicine is different after all, but if the growing conditions are right, they can go above 300k SHU, thats a LOT. I love hot stuff but sometimes I can hardly eat my own jalapenos raw, some of them are so hot. And habs can be 30-40 times hotter.

I know there are plenty of supers about and that's what the bandwagon is all about, however, people tend to forget that the "lowly" habanero and scotch bonnets are still hot as a motherfukcer!!!!

Looks like some sort of red hab.

Back