not getting any peppers

I saw many white tiny flowers on my reaper plant a few weeks ago but they are gone and not getting any peppers, why is this plant causing me so much trouble?  It's been doing great since I put it in the ground probably in May but not getting anything from it.  It's getting late in the growing season.  Any ideas?

They are known for being poor producers as far as superhots go. What part of the state are you in? I actually picked up a small seedling from a nursery in June and have nursed it into a decent plant. I can send you some pods if you are interested.

I always have good solid pod sets - but they appear to prefer less day/night temperature delta.  It's often 10 degrees or less between day and night temp for me in the summer, and they seem to hold very well.  When the temps are cooler in the fall/winter, they slow down dramatically, even though they still produce, for all but about a month of that time.

Harry_Dangler said:
Reapers are normally late for me in Zone 6.  After they drop several round of flowers and green pods, they finally set some good pods late.
That has been my experience and many others. I never had the pod drop but major flower drop and later harvests.

Thank you for the replies.  I live in eastern PA.  This is the 2nd summer I've been fighting with these plants, I think I'm done after this season.  Never thought it was so hard to grow a hot pepper.  I'll pass on the pods, whatever they are.  I do have 1 plant in a large pot which is also getting white flowers, what to do with that one over the winter, I don't know, I'll cross that bridge in October when temps start to dip.  Again, thank you all.

Grew Reaper one year, never had a single pod.

Red Primo and CPR are probably nearly on par heat wise, and I have a couple hundred pods per plant every year.

alkhall said:
Red Primo and CPR are probably nearly on par heat wise, and I have a couple hundred pods per plant every year.

7 Pot Primo is the better pepper, in any case...  Or at least in my humble opinion.  I'd choose it in a grow over reapers every single time.
Since the thread ran its course, I figured it was OK to concur and interject that. :)

Back