• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

not hot

rooster hi i just got what was supposed to be fresh butch t peppers from pepperlover i'm not saying she's not selling what she says she is but i ate one and a friend ate one they wern't hot well they had a little burn but 10 seconds and it was gone does anybody have a awnser as to why that is could it be she sent just regular trinidad scorpions by mistake

Why don't you take it up with her in private first. That's how customer service works.

rooster hi i just got what was supposed to be fresh butch t peppers from pepperlover i'm not saying she's not selling what she says she is but i ate one and a friend ate one they wern't hot well they had a little burn but 10 seconds and it was gone does anybody have a awnser as to why that is could it be she sent just regular trinidad scorpions by mistake

I saw in the auction she held that a lot of them were still green over a bit of the surface. Maybe the one you ate didn't fully develop or ripen. What was its color?

Also, to clarify, "regular" Trinidad Scorpions are just as hot as the Butch-T when fully ripe. Butch-T strain is just a direct offshoot that was obtained from Trinidad. Butch Taylor obtained his seeds from a plant nursery (I couldn't find the link to the YouTube video where the ladies who work at said nursery grew the plants that the seeds came from). This nursery obtained the seeds from Trinidad, grew the plant, and I believe Butch Taylor got seeds from them, or perhaps a cutting/seedling/pod. In any case, he then sent some seeds to Neil from the Hippy Seed Company, who then grew it extensively with Marcel who runs The Chilli Factory out of Australia. The "Butch-T" name was tacked on by Neil in honor of the gent who gave him the seeds originally, and other than minor genetic differences through a few generations of breeding in Australia, it is the same pepper with pretty much the same over-the-top heat level.

Hope this helps!
Karl

i'm not trying to throw no blame. i didn't mean to come off that way i was just wondering why they were not hot.oh and the color was red

There are many reasons, first I would ask the seller. We can speculate and say maybe you got jalapenos, but we are just speculating! Ask her first. Then ask here is you don't have the answer.

Back