Not sure I can call these poppers

I was bored so I made some tasty stuff. Well I think they are.

All I did was warm up cream cheese, then add fetta cheese at 1/4th the amount of cream cheese, then finally added about 1 table spoon of parmesan cheese. Mixed it up really well. Added some cumin powder, black pepper and fresh minced garlic (2 small cloves). Mixed it again and filled the pepper halves. Oh I added no salt because Fetta already has salt.

Baked it in the oven at 350F for about 15 mins and then pulled it out and let it cool on the stovetop. The cast iron holds some heat so it continued to bake from the bottom for a little bit longer I guess. I will take a bunch to work tomorrow. Mmmm. Oh the smaller red peppers are Aji Crystal and the large one is a banana pepper.

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

nice! the only thing i would have done differently was wrap a piece of bacon around each popper. i'm sure the aji christal was great! those peppers were damn good. should have done some bondas too.

Bacon would have been really good but I was thinking of keeping them semi healthy. With bacon it would have been ultra tasty. I always wanted to make poppers wrapped in bacon but never have gotten around to it. As for Bonda poppers. That would be really good. That slight citrus flavor and then the heat. I did do some trinidad congo poppers in the past but it was too habby. LOL. Nice word. Well I dont mind habanero flavour but sometimes its just too stong and thats all you taste. Maybe bacon would be ideal in that situation :)

So I guess you did like the Aji's that I sent? The taste is really good. Very mild pepper IMO but so amazing for raw applications.

nice! the only thing i would have done differently was wrap a piece of bacon around each popper. i'm sure the aji christal was great! those peppers were damn good. should have done some bondas too.

Those look great! I'm hungry just looking at them, and can imagine how good they would be. I got to try making some of these myself.

You bet those are poppers :dance: and they look tasty, bacon or not. I usually make some both ways. Check out the MMMM Poppers thread in the Cookin with Fire forum and post those pics there too.

Awesomeness....simple and yummy.

Try adding blue crab to the stuffing and a couple dozen beers next time...;)

BTW.....+1 for the C.I.!!!! :woohoo:

thanks guys for all the great feedback :) I took a bunch to work and everyone really enjoyed them. I've been instructed to bring more. LOL. Well when its the pretty ladies asking, I think I dont mind doing some extra prep work to make them happy.

Bacon would have been really good but I was thinking of keeping them semi healthy. With bacon it would have been ultra tasty. I always wanted to make poppers wrapped in bacon but never have gotten around to it.

ever thought of using turkey bacon or turkey pastrami to wrap the poppers in?....whenever I make poppers, I wrap mine in standard bacon but use turkey pastrami or turkey bacon to wrap the wifes in...

you get the taste but not the pork fat...

ever thought of using turkey bacon or turkey pastrami to wrap the poppers in?....whenever I make poppers, I wrap mine in standard bacon but use turkey pastrami or turkey bacon to wrap the wifes in...

you get the taste but not the pork fat...

AJ, that's gettin' dangerously close to "soy bacon"......

AJ, that's gettin' dangerously close to "soy bacon"......

yes sir, I realize that but remember I use real pig in mine...if it will help the wife with her weight watchers, I will use what ever it takes...

me, gotta have me some pig with mine... ;)

Back