• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

not sure if these are Carolina Reapers

Hello everyone,

In short ive had Ed Currys Carolina Reaper seed stock from SC I bought while visiting and I decided to grow it out this year for the first time 2 years later. The pepper was sowed indoors in February moved into a green house in April and then moved outside end of June and it because relatively large. It had a mutation where it auto toped itself so it grew wider and not taller (4ft tall by 4 ft wide) . The entire time I thought it was a reaper plant until the pods started to for and ripen and they where smooth and some where long and some where short like reapers but in general they don't look like the reapers ive ever seen before . Im also getting a very large yield so far im at 230 peppers and still going probably going to hit 300-400 total. Could the cooler temps cause the bumps not to form? is this a mutated plant of some sort possible ? 

Any kind of help or information would help , Im a newbie with hot peppers but am a long time veteran growing other heirloom plants. 

Thanks! 

Attachments

• IMG_9212.png
    IMG_9212.png
    543.6 KB · Views: 147
Having a hard time uploading photos of more than one pod. This is the only photo that I have that will upload .notice its short but smooth.

Attachments

• 62118356920__D8A04B74-B440-4476-BF5D-D3396EBDC88F.jpeg
    62118356920__D8A04B74-B440-4476-BF5D-D3396EBDC88F.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 120
I agree with DownRiver.  Looks like a red habanero.  I bought and planted some reaper seeds from Puckerbutt myself.  A couple have matured to look like the typical reaper but most have not.  All of them have been bumpy though.  

I know I'm late to this, but I have the same experience. Picked this up from Home Depot randomly, and they're growing like what you have. It's like the Carolina Reaper without the bumps and without the stinger. 

Back