• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Not Sure What These Are

Can someone help me with identifying and/or verifying these peppers? The 1st one is supposed to be Lingua di Fuoco - it certainly doesn't look like any pictures that I've seen. The second is supposed to be Tobago Seasoning Pepper - I've never grown it before so am not sure what its supposed to look like. Thanks in advance.

Lingua di Fuoco?

P1010804.jpg

Lingua di Fuoco?

P1010806.jpg

Tobago Seasoning?

P1010809.jpg

P1010810.jpg

the first one appears to be paper lantern habanero. as for the second , it looks to be tobago seasoning pepper. the second one should turn anywhere from red to violet and have a mild burn compared to most habaneros.

Can't help with the second one and not much help with the first one really except to say I'm fairly certain they're not Paper Lantern Habs. Sorry naganumbness. They're too big and too wavy. If they were to turn yellow I'd swear they were Fatalii's.

Good luck to ya buddy

Thanks. I also thought that the 1st one may be Paper Lantern as I'm also growing one of them. The 2nd one I wasnt' sure about - I've never grown Tobago Seasoning and was surprised to see the pointed tail at the bottome.

that pod is very large IMO for a paper lantern...not the expert here by any means since I have only grown them one year...

as far as a Fatalii goes Patrick...aren't Fataliis usually more pointed and wide across the shoulders?...those pods look very healthy and fat down close to the point and have a "Bhut" shape to them...at least that was my first thought...

the others...don't know what the are but the pod shape is very interesting...sure will like to hear how they taste...

I think the second could be a Tobago. As I understand the Tobago seasoning peppers have a lot of variation in shape/color/heat, which may make their ID difficult?

The second one does resemble a Tobago Seasoning pepper. It looks a good bit like mine. Mine was hot hot HOT though. Not the mild burn as advertised. Had more of a habanero burn.

f0bfeb96.jpg

Here are some pictures of the ripe pods. Still not exactly sure what these are. Oh well, I guess that I'll find out soon enough. Thanks and any more suggestions are much appreciated - I've never grown either of these so I'm not sure what they're supposed to taste like.

P1010860.jpg

P1010858.jpg

P1010862.jpg

Picture of our new puppy enjoying herself (about a month ago)

P1010759.jpg

I think the second could be a Tobago. As I understand the Tobago seasoning peppers have a lot of variation in shape/color/heat, which may make their ID difficult?

There are many different versions of this pepper going around, I've had at least 4 different types labbeled as Tobago seasoning. Some were very hot others were mild but none looked like the one in the above pic

There are many different versions of this pepper going around, I've had at least 4 different types labbeled as Tobago seasoning. Some were very hot others were mild but none looked like the one in the above pic

Maybe the hotter and longer pods are "Aji Chombos", I am growing these this year and they are NOT mild at all. Instant burn, no delay.

Back