• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Not Yellow Fatalii. What Is It?

Looks like I've got one untrue grow this year so far. What is it (the one on the bottom)?

Just a red Fatalii or something else/new/better/amazing!!? :)

2012-06-09_17-06-28_200.jpg

Another shot of one on the plant ripening...

2012-06-09_15-33-41_566.jpg

Could be a "Fatalii x something" hybrid.

Just out of curiousity too... what is the pod in the middle?

(And is that two conjoined pods in the second pic? :lol:)

Pod in the middle is a Chiero do Norte. Absolutely beautiful color. About to try it for the first time.

lol @ pic 2. Just a lil' brother trying to edge his way into the shot!

Dang, y'all. Now that I'm looking at it from your perspectives, it sure does look like a conjoined twin, doesn't it! But...its not. :)

Well lemme tell you that it is WAY hot. Hotter than the Yellow Bhut I consumed last night, for sure. Ate the tip off and I'm still on fire. Added half of it to my pizza marinade tonight. Gonna be interesting...

Hot pizza Fire! Cool pod eric. I picked a Cheiro do Norte today and I have yet to try it. I am excited that the creamy orange/pink is the final color. I will put up pics of my harvest tommorrow morn. I have some known crosses as well as one that is new. I will put up pics soon. Will try to taste test pods before the pics are posted.

I have a coworker who I gave seeds a year and a half ago and his plants are producing pods quite similar. I'll take a pic when I get a chance. Sure hope this is not one that I gave you at ATX buds n suds?

Mike

Hot pizza Fire! Cool pod eric. I picked a Cheiro do Norte today and I have yet to try it. I am excited that the creamy orange/pink is the final color. I will put up pics of my harvest tommorrow morn. I have some known crosses as well as one that is new. I will put up pics soon. Will try to taste test pods before the pics are posted.

I have a coworker who I gave seeds a year and a half ago and his plants are producing pods quite similar. I'll take a pic when I get a chance. Sure hope this is not one that I gave you at ATX buds n suds?

Mike

I won't ruin the CDN taste for you, Mike. I'd love to hear your take on it, too.

And all of your plants are growing true, for sure. I have little baby scorpions coming in all over the place right now, and its the last plant to fruit for me.

Hey Eric, Wow, I was expecting pain not knowing ahead of time. Very juicy sweet and crunchy! Good "smell" too. Would be excellant in fresh salads. I am sure my wife and daughter will like this one. I knew there was a Neil Smith video review of it so I checked it out afterward to make sure something was not wrong with my pods. Although his son mentioned some heat I did not feel any. Definately need more of these beautiful pods next year.
Thanks for sharing!
Mike
June102012011.jpg

June102012013.jpg

Exactly what I got, Mike. And I had to re-reference that review as well. And perhaps like some other varieties, there will occasionally be one with some mile punch. I know my Kaleidoscopes can do that occasionally. Same with my Aji Angelos. Suddenly they're hot! Well, luke warm anyway. :D

They are beautiful, though, with an awesome aroma.

Hey Eephus. Last year I had some red pod plants growing from my Yellow Fataliis seeds and just assumed they were a Red Fatalli or some kind of mix. They had the similar taste, shape, and were thin walled like the Yellow Fataliis. They were extremely hot and quickly became one of my favorites. Yours looks similar. They all did the tricolor thing before turning red which made for nice photos. The ones in the photos are shorter, but most of the pods were more elongated and exactly the same size and shape of the Yellow Fatalii. Whatever it mixed with, it sure made them hot.

Screenshot2012-06-11at103644AM.png
Screenshot2011-09-17at42547PM.png

Hey Eephus. Last year I had some red pod plants growing from my Yellow Fataliis seeds and just assumed they were a Red Fatalli or some kind of mix. They had the similar taste, shape, and were thin walled like the Yellow Fataliis. They were extremely hot and quickly became one of my favorites. Yours looks similar. They all did the tricolor thing before turning red which made for nice photos. The ones in the photos are shorter, but most of the pods were more elongated and exactly the same size and shape of the Yellow Fatalii. Whatever it mixed with, it sure made them hot.

Screenshot2012-06-11at103644AM.png
Screenshot2011-09-17at42547PM.png

Wow. that does look strikingly similar. Cool colors/pics!

that bottom one looks like it could be a devils tongue red.

Gonna go look that up now. Thank you.

I like these things, whatever they are!

maybe it has something to deal with this variety:
http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?find=ECUARDORIAN+DEVILS+BREATH+%28PI+257132%29%2C+&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&chile=1&submit=Search

You likely just have a cross, probably an f1

Thank you, POTAWIE. *That* much I can figure as a possibility. lol. Now what do you think it is, just for kicks? Don't worry, I'm not going to hold you to some scientific standard. ;)

Did you get any of the savina/fatalli seeds that are going around?

Nossir. I believe these came from Kappy. Its certainly possible that she did and passed them along. I can see that being the cross. They are nice and sweet and quite hot.

Back