Notifications Suggestion

DatilDaddy

Banned
I think everything on the site runs beautifully the way it is. But I do have a suggestion about the little notification box by your username in the top right of the screen.

I am away from the site most of the day and when I come back I spend most of my time on the site browsing all the other peoples posts through the box. When I am done with a particular topic on there, I delete all of those notifications pertaining to the topic I caught up on. But I have to go to another page (the actual notifications screen) to do so. When I have 200 things to go through that can take some time with the back and forth.

If at all possible could an X be added within the notifications to quickly delete what was read without having to go to that screen everytime? You know, like the X that shows up when you mouse over it like the ignore signature function, but for each notification. So that no matter what page you are on at the time you can scroll down and delete what you feel right then and there?

Just a suggestion I thought would help me and other members save some time.

I've never felt the need to delete notifications... in fact, I have about 10 pages of them.

When I see a number up top, I click it, check the new notifications (never more than about 2 dozen at the most...), and move on with my life.

Other than from a server space perspective, I can't see where deleting them would be a big help, or not being able to delete them from anyplace would be a hinderance

Back