• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Numex sunrise, sunset, eclipse

MarcV

Extreme Member
Just came across the numex sunrise, sunset and eclipse varieties. Apparently they are mostly grown as ornamental varieties.
Has anyone grown these? Are they worth growing?

Seems like fun though, growing related varieties in different colors, like the orange spice, lemon spice and pumpkin spice jalapenos, but if they are no good for consumption then why bother?

I have grown them. It is cool having different colored pods than the standard green to red, but the flavor did not blow me away. The taste and heat level are very similar to a Numex 6-4, which is way milder than my normal tastes. For appearance they are fun, but if I'm dedicating limited garden space for things to eat, I would rather grow Sandia Selects or Rattlesnakes.

MarcV said:
Just came across the numex sunrise, sunset and eclipse varieties. Apparently they are mostly grown as ornamental varieties.
Has anyone grown these? Are they worth growing?

Seems like fun though, growing related varieties in different colors, like the orange spice, lemon spice and pumpkin spice jalapenos, but if they are no good for consumption then why bother?

Ok, good to know. Not going to grow them then

Back