O-joo sauce?

I'm not sure how to spell o-joo so if I offend anyone with that name I'm terrible sorry and I hope the mods will spell it the title for me.

For my wings

Anyways Can some one just put up a basic o-joo recipe? I'm just looking for the very very basic recipe so I can play with it and see how I can get it too taste good.

By these are the ingredients I have.

1.Red cooking wine.
2.Lot's of Garlic cloves.2 bags.
3.Hot peppers.
4.Green peppers.
5.Brown suger.
6.White suger.
7.Vinegar cider.
8.Vergin Olive oil.
10.Shorting.

au jus... its just means "in its own sauce" in french

"Au jus" sauce is nothing more than beef stock stirred into the degreased roasting pan and brought to a boil. It is not thick like a typical sauce or gravy. The au jus will only be as good as your stock, so I strongly recommend that you use homemade beef stock. If you must use canned stock, buy the best you can find, but forget about using salty, artificially-flavored bouillon cubes.

2 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups beef stock, homemade highly preferred, or use low-sodium canned beef broth

BamsBBQ said:

"Au jus" sauce is nothing more than beef stock stirred into the degreased roasting pan and brought to a boil. It is not thick like a typical sauce or gravy. The au jus will only be as good as your stock, so I strongly recommend that you use homemade beef stock. If you must use canned stock, buy the best you can find, but forget about using salty, artificially-flavored bouillon cubes.

1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cups beef stock, homemade highly preferred, or use low-sodium canned beef broth

Wow, any questions about cooking are going to be directed toward you! :)

BamsBBQ said:

1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Can I use chicken stock?

PhatManDerek said:
Can I use chicken stock?

i guess you could but chicken stock doesnt quite have that rich flavor as beef stock or drippings has... IMHO i would stick with beef stock

Come on guys he asked how to make a sauce and there's like 20 posts of jokes.

Removing.

thehotpepper.com said:
Come on guys he asked how to make a sauce and there's like 20 posts of jokes.

Removing.
We were only having fun bro, By the way thanks for the recipe, Can I add a little Jack to this recipe?

That's Jack Danial's

PhatManDerek said:
We were only having fun bro, By the way thanks for the recipe, Can I add a little Jack to this recipe?

That's Jack Danial's
Too many threads go way off topic. Looking out for the thread starter (you ;)).
You can continue the off-topic thread here: http://www.thehotpepper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94

PhatManDerek said:
That's Jack Danial's

when u r cooking u could add anything or take anything away that you want...

so if you want to put jack in your sauce then go for it... it becomes a jack daniels sauce instead of au jus though. Jack is strong in flavor especially if you are cooking with it...

again au jus is just simple, no complex flavors... if you are cooking a beef roast, when it is done cooking, deglaze the pan with the red wine u have....

BamsBBQ said:
when u r cooking u could add anything or take anything away that you want...

so if you want to put jack in your sauce then go for it... it becomes a jack daniels sauce instead of au jus though. Jack is strong in flavor especially if you are cooking with it...

again au jus is just simple, no complex flavors... if you are cooking a beef roast, when it is done cooking, deglaze the pan with the red wine u have....
That's the reason I have a 5th of jack in the cubereds.

au jus sauce is great with phillys!
I buy " johnnys concentrated au jus sauce" & the ingredient list is more than what is posted here.

chilehunter said:
au jus sauce is great with phillys!
I buy " johnnys concentrated au jus sauce" & the ingredient list is more than what is posted here.
Yeah, if you dip the whole thing in au jus, it's great. French dip!

thehotpepper.com said:
Yeah, if you dip the whole thing in au jus, it's great. French dip!

I'm kinda confused with your remark.

if you dip the whole thing in au jus, its great.

well aint that the point of au jus sauce ? you dip sandwiches in the sauce & get it soaking with the sauce. or at least I do.

or are you saying phillys are not good & they need au jus sauce to make them tasty ?

french dip, well aint that au jus sauce ?

I was just mentioning that the kind I buy has other flavors to it than whats listed here so far. like
tomato paste
worchestershire sauce
onion juice
date paste
red wine vinegar
& some other stuff

& IMO the au jus sauces I've tried do have the onion flavor to them. I'm not saying all do or need it but I think onion flavor goes great with au jus sauce.

Don't over analyze :lol:

A French dip is when they take tongs, grab the sandwich, and dip the whole thing, bread and all, in au jus. A Philly cheese steak is dry, no au jus.

thehotpepper.com said:
Don't over analyze :lol:

A French dip is when they take tongs, grab the sandwich, and dip the whole thing, bread and all, in au jus. A Philly cheese steak is dry, no au jus.

:lol:

I know phillys are served w/o au jus sauce, but at home I use au jus sauce on my phillys & sometimes my grilled ham/cheese sandwiches. I like the flavor.
around here they only serve au jus sauce with 1 type of sandwich, I forget the name of it right now & cuz I dont order them much, but phillys & au jus sauce go great together IMO

Okay so we agree now stop questiong me :lol:

j/k of course.

Back