• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

storage Odd pepper freezing question.

Freezing makes them appear hotter. I guess there is no big difference btw freezing and dehydrating when it comes to thee preservation of heat as long as the final product gets stored appropriately.

Hey thanks for the advise about the vacume,,,gonna go get 1 !Freeze or dehy which is hotter?Don`t smell a container with dehy in it.lol Been there and done that!I find the dehy is hotter being as you have to adjust how much you use.I made a not meant to be atomic batch of jerky the other week with dehy.I`ve never seen more marines laughing and crying at the same time!!

I've heard that freezing forces the capsaicin from being localized and spreads it throughout the pepper. IDK if it's true though.

I know Hippy's low-temp dehydrated pods are da bomb, so yay there. :)

It is true, what happens is that the cells break open, as the water in them expands and thus the capsaicin can spread all over and is on the surface now, so you notice it immediately when eating the thawed pepper and so they appear hotter than they were before freezing.

I wonder if that'd give even Nagas an immediate burn?

Back