• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Oddly Shaped Ghost Peppers

Hi everyone, one of my ghost pepper plants is growing pretty funky looking pods and I just wanted to see if anyone knows what's going on with em. My co-worker bought a ghost plant from the same nursery and his look totally normal while most of mine are oddly shaped. Some of them aren't pointed at the end (like the one to the right in the bottom pic) and others have bumps all over them. The heat wave I had here towards the end of July hit this plant the worst and it's been behind the rest ever since. Not too worried about it because I think the odd shapes are cool but I'm just curious as to why they're growing like that. Thanks!
0E886C0F-ABB4-4483-B57F-043EDD22AA99.jpeg

56B5A6A7-BDA5-4860-89A9-58601E6CFCFD.jpeg

What exactly do you mean by "bumps"? If you're talking about those small bumps all over, that's normal for Ghosts.

I often see some that aren't fully pointed and some that are a bit off-shape, too. If the bulk of them are turning out as normal ghosts I don't worry about it. I just don't take the odd-shaped ones to market.

What exactly do you mean by "bumps"? If you're talking about those small bumps all over, that's normal for Ghosts.

I often see some that aren't fully pointed and some that are a bit off-shape, too. If the bulk of them are turning out as normal ghosts I don't worry about it. I just don't take the odd-shaped ones to market.
My other ghost doesn’t have the same bumps and they’re all normal looking to me (pic below). Some of the pods on the other plant look like pickles with the bumps on them. Again I’m not worried about it, just curious as to why pretty much all of the pods on this plant look funky.

IMG_8912.jpeg

It can also be the result of unintentional crossing or mislabeled seeds.

Back