• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Off season is smokin time

2016 is here and since my season ended,I have been working on my sausage and now cold smoking skills.
Cold smoker setup before I bought a MES cold smoker attachment.I took a cooling fan from my sons first homemade computer he made and used 2 roaster pans with a heating element to burn chips.
DSCF8951.jpg

smoked pork summer sausage
DSCF8828.jpg

DSCF8829smoke.jpg

smoked duck sausage,was the best sausage i ever made.Used LOT for a kick in all my sausages.What a great pepper
DSCF8946duck.jpg

DSCF8955.jpg

DSCF8956.jpg

t-bone with a light smoke before broiling on New Years eve
DSCF8941newyearseve15.jpg

DSCF8942.jpg

cheese and ham for todays KC Chiefs game.The cheese has been sealed to age and mellow flavor
DSCF8964.jpg

one more and I am out.My football team was crap(nebraska) this year, but I still won the traveling trophy at work. By picking the most winners in our weekly pool.
DSCF8790trophy.jpg

Phil said:
Nice! I think I'm going to start doing some cold smoking, myself!
Phil cold smoking has opened another door for me.and i love it.

tctenten said:
Looks like you have been keeping yourself busy Randy.  Soon enough it will be pepper time.  
Thanks Terry,2015 is the year I was introduced to the Large orange Thai.It is in all my sausages for heat,Great change without being overbearing.

Back