• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Official Bubblegum 7 Pot thread

FROG DOG said:
that plant and those pods don't look too healthy, maybe why they are orange?

true they are sick plants.. but these seeds came from a guy name HAMMER on FB and sent me from his ORANGE BBG..... nonetheless it was the first time i had seen the bubblegum go complete orange.. then blood orange. then red.. so it did not grow true..

KiNGDeNNiZ said:

true they are sick plants.. but these seeds came from a guy name HAMMER on FB and sent me from his ORANGE BBG..... nonetheless it was the first time i had seen the bubblegum go complete orange.. then blood orange. then red.. so it did not grow true..

the "orange" bbg7 I posted is a little overripe. crappy pic I know but they are not turning red like my other 13 plants.

I just returned from vacation to find these had ripened while I was gone. 

Attachments

• Bubblegum 2015.jpg
    Bubblegum 2015.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 58
Caxls are really cool, how's the taste? I'm just finally starting to get flowers on mine. They had a rough start this year. Collected some pollen and using in some crosses. Pretty sure I got my seeds from ocho. Looks like it would be difficult to use bg7 as a mother since the anthers are so recessed. look forward to getting some pods this summer. 

D3monic said:
Caxls are really cool, how's the taste? I'm just finally starting to get flowers on mine. They had a rough start this year. Collected some pollen and using in some crosses. Pretty sure I got my seeds from ocho. Looks like it would be difficult to use bg7 as a mother since the anthers are so recessed. look forward to getting some pods this summer. 

Dr. Pepper is Ocho :rofl:  Who is where I got mine also. Mine are just starting to flower, they have crazy huge calyx's. 

D3monic said:
Actually I find bbg7 plants the easiest to pollinate. Just peel off some of the calyx with tweezers the flower will usually pop open and it's very easy to go from there.

I hope it's ok to post this here....

First ripe pepper of the season. 7 pot bubblegum. I think on every plant there are different pods if you get an unstable cross...but do t know? The pheno of this pod is like a regular habanero while others ( that have the proper phenotype for this pepper...again I think) look more squat and have the pimply skin. Regardless it was friggin hot! I diced it up into 1cm squares and ate it raw with curry last night. Finished about 3/4 of the pepper and called it quits lol. I have one mature pepper on each of my other three plants....more pepper reviews to come lol.

I agree that does not look anything like a BBG.

D3monic said:

I'll let you know how they taste soon. I haven't tried one yet this year. 

Couple years ago when I reviewed this pepper..oddly enough it had a 30 second delay...not an ounce of heat then boom. ...

Wasnt a fan of the taste..the browns howeber to me.has a sweet taste to it.. not too hot at all and more tolerable. .

The yellow bbg is the best tasting for me. Great citrus taste....some have said like yellow y.. heat very tolerable... Wife ate half of it with her food

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Couple years ago when I reviewed this pepper..oddly enough it had a 30 second delay...not an ounce of heat then boom. ...

Wasnt a fan of the taste..the browns howeber to me.has a sweet taste to it.. not too hot at all and more tolerable. .

The yellow bbg is the best tasting for me. Great citrus taste....some have said like yellow y.. heat very tolerable... Wife ate half of it with her food

I'll have to add the yellow to my wanted seeds list for next year. 

I spoke too soon. The one above got eaten by something. Hope it had a bad day after that. Here's some new ones, I seem to have very productive plants compared to what I hear others say. Tons more where these came from just waiting to get ripe. Big thanks to MiChris for the genetics

Back