• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Official Mail from Washington!!!

So yesterday our mailman, who walks the neighborhood, pulled up in front of the house. Bells start ringing in my head....wtf?......then he hands me some very important mail from Washington...

Upon opening it I realized the true depth of the situation.

100_0826.jpg

Here I found the Ghost Fire Hot Sauce I had ordered and the Spicy Worcestershire Sauce I agreed to sample, both from SalsaLady of Texas Creek. Now, this is where it got weird. When I think Washington for some reason DC always pops in my head with everything exact and nothing extra(government), but this is from the other Washington, a whole country away and they can be generous folk. I found Chipotle BBQ Sauce also from Texas Creek and some Sweet Spicy Girl from DuvallDaves of Davez Foodz that we had been talking about.

I work nights and before work I had no time to try them. So all night at work I anticipated getting home and busted my arse. By the time I got home I was ready to eat, but not going to cook a big lavish meal for one. So I broke out some lil smokies and the rice cooker.

100_0827.jpg

100_0828.jpg

Might sound odd but I like white rice and worcestershire sauce or soy sauce on it.

Looking good
100_0830.jpg

I got a glass of milk for clearing the palate and here I sit. Glad all that above typing is done. Now let's try these.

First the Worcestershire Sauce:
Has the basic ingredients and Habanero. Not going to disclose the full list, as it is not official yet, but I saw and love tamarind so here goes.
Has a great sweet tang with just a smidge of heat that will set it apart from others. This will be replacing the regular one I use. I love sweet and this has enough to make you want more. Can imagine this will be good for use in a marinade or added to a bowl of chili for flavor.

Overall 9/10 Worcestershire drops.

Some milk to clear the tastebuds.

Next Sweet Spicy Girl:
This is a thick sauce and anyone who knows me knows I love thick sauces.
Through his use of garlic, vinegar, onion, brown sugar, salt, and lime Dave has created the taste of an Italian sauce without tomatoes. His use of Red Chili Peppers and Spices give it a nice public friendly kick. This will be on my next burger and mixed in with my next plate of spaghetti.

Overall If this Sweet Spicy Girl breathed I would marry her.

Pause for palate cleansing.

Now for the Chipolte BBQ Sauce:
Great consistency for a BBQ sauce. This has mustard in it and that pops right away, in a good way(yum). The bhut jolokia and chipotle follow with a nice swift kick for joe public, and don't worry chiliheads you will feel it's presence. Liquid smoke comes through but not hugely overpowering. Can't get over the mustard with each bite and how it opens for the spices and peppers. It actually seems to draw the peppers out after getting you worked up. This bottle will not last long. I have ribs that will be worthy....and a pork loin.

Overall ....yes over all...steak, ribs, pork loin.

Pause to finish these BBQ lil smokies and
a Palate cleanse.

Next up we have.....more palate cleansing.

OK here come SalsaLady's Ghost Fire Hot Sauce:
This is a medium thickness. Saw the first ingredient is water, but don't let yourself think that will cool it down. Last ingredient is liquid smoke and it follows in the background perfectly....Palate cleanse....another bite.....the chipotle, red savinas, and bhut jolokia work as a midget and 2 linebackers to hit ya and follow you through. Vinegar? It's on the ingredients but simply sits in the back watching you enjoy and not saying much. "A1 Steak Sauce please hand your crown over and get out of my fridge" It says Painfully Addictive on the label, I know that feeling very well, and SalsaLady has succeeded.

Overall Check in advance for a hot sauce addiction group meeting near you. There is a strong possibility you will need it.

These all rock and have great places at the table or by the grill.

The above is from Washington State and therefore is not classified, but is very generous. Enjoy these before they become classified.

Brian,

That cookware looks loved and well used! :clap: It warms my heart to see that!

Excellent post and review!!

EDIT: Bonus points for the Corelle!!! :woohoo:

That cookware looks loved and well used! :clap: It warms my heart to see that!
Yep. It is nonstick but I have seasoned it. Scrubbed it clean as new once. Now it gets treated like my cast iron. For my personal cooking only. Bigger and unseasoned version for the family cooking. :lol:

Nice job Brian, I like the smokey taste of the Ghost Fire. I'll be having some of the worchestershire in my V8 this morning

Thanks Brian, for the great review, I'm glad you like the sauces. Looking forward to your critique of the Worcestershire.

You had me worried the other day when you were posting in DuvallDave's review asking how to get the SSG sauce, cuz I already had one in the mail to you. :lol:

And there's no chance of the sauces becoming classified or restricted, only the recipes~ ;)

I think SL's and DuvalDave's sauces should be on every grocery store shelf. They have become an everyday staple in my house.
icon_smile.gif

Brian excellent reviews. You share my thoughts almost exactly about every one of those. I will have a review of Painfully Addictive coming soon.

So last night I made pork loin. 2 terriyaki loins. One went in as is and I rinsed off the other very well and on went SL's Chipolte BBQ Sauce. Well after slicing them up the boys and I loved both but the one with Chipolte BBQ Sauce was gone before half of the other one. +10
100_0860.jpg

I have some ribs marinating in some of SL Ghost sauce right now. They will be made and photoed this weekend.

Back