• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Official Review: Insain Hot Sauce

Product Name: Insain Hot Sauce

Style: Superhot reserve

Manufacturer: Insain Hot Sauce

Country of Origin: USA

Ingredients: Crushed Naga Jolokia pepper, water, onion, salt, lemon juice, acetic acid, garlic pulp, xanthan gum

Label/Packaging: Label is a little on the dark side. It appears to be flames with a pepper in the center. Insain Hot Sauce is in a three color flame effect. Reserve is pretty clear and the print at the bottom warns that this is the Hottest This Side of Hell. Personally, I find it a little hard to read, but I like the dark dangerous idea.

Appearance/Aroma: The appearance of this sauce is fantastic. I love the way the sauce kind of slowly slides back down the bottle after turning it upside down. There are many flecks of pepper and some seeds visible. The aroma is pure peppers. I love the smell of fresh ghost peppers and this sauce promises to deliver. I thought I would smell more of the garlic, but not to be. Hopefully, the taste is there.

Body of Review:
Insain Hot Sauce. Does that mean he is insane for making it, or am I insane for trying it? I'm not scared. The appearance and aroma have left me curious and anticipating this. I should start by saying that I am a sucker for all things ghost pepper. Especially purees and sauces made with fresh pods. Something about the fresh taste is right up my alley. The smell of this sauce is just what I am looking for. Upon tasting it, you get the sweetness of the naga, then the little bit of tartness from the lemon juice. The lasting flavor is the peppers themselves, but the onion and garlic are there in the background. The heat is very good. It is right there on your tongue as soon as you taste it, but it keeps building as you eat. The sweat builds on my brow and and the back of my head. I think this will be more of an additive kind of sauce for most people, but I am glutton for punishment. Here's how I have used it.
Heat Level: 9

Applications: The first time I used it was on tacos. It was great, but I wanted to find other uses. I have used it in cheese queso dip to kick it up, and probably my favorite was today; I made a bourbon ghost pepper sauce for wings (think Jack Daniel's sauce with a great kick). The sweetness of the bourbon sauce and the heat of the Insain sauce were made for each other.

Appearance Score: 5
Aroma Score: 5
Taste Score: 4.5
Mouthfeel Score: 4
Heat Accuracy Score: 4.5

Overall Score: 4.6

Notes: Excellent sauce. I highly recommend it as an additive or straight out of the bottle if you dare. My only knock, and it is a slight one, is that the seeds are a bit hard in there. It could have benefited from a little more cooking time to soften them.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 86
This review is the type i like to see. For me you painted a picture with your words. I felt like i was right there with you as you looked at the packaging, then your initial impressions ,right to the end when you tasted it. Great job. Im also glad the sauce was good, we all know that insain took a beating when he first joined this forum.

Nice review, I was just thinking about a good strong sauce I can use for wings after having some last night during the game.

This review is the type i like to see. For me you painted a picture with your words. I felt like i was right there with you as you looked at the packaging, then your initial impressions ,right to the end when you tasted it. Great job. Im also glad the sauce was good, we all know that insain took a beating when he first joined this forum.

Thank you, I try to be as impartial and honest as possible when trying a sauce. This one is good.

Nice web redemption insain!

Back