• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Official Review: Red Hawk Premium Peppers B³

Product Name: Red Hawk Premium Peppers B³

Style: Fruit-based hot sauce

Manufacturer: Red Hawk Premium Peppers

Country of Origin: USA

Website: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Hawk-Premium-Peppers/206163169425811?sk=info

Ingredients: Blueberries, strawberries, bananas, carrots, bhut jolokia peppers, red wine vinegar, grape juice, onions, water, brown sugar

Label/Packaging: The label is clearly homemade/printed. It is white with black print, and has a picture of a red bhut. The writing is clear and concise. Nothing flashy, but with the list of ingredients, I am anxious to get to the sauce!

Appearance/Aroma: The appearance is a fairly dark red color. The sauce seems to be a nice thick but pourable consistency. There are a few flecks of pepper skins visible. The aroma is AMAZING! The smell of fresh fruit followed by the pungency of peppers and a slight tang of vinegar. I just got some on my nose trying to stick it in the bottle!

Body of Review:
Well, when Dan (RedtailForester) contacted me to try his sauces I said sure. I mean heck, we are practically neighbors here in PA. That being said, I wasn't expecting a whole lot since he is just starting out. I couldn't have been more wrong! This sauce is like something out of a hot sauce fantasy tale. It has it all (at least as far as I am concerned). Those that know me know that I am a sucker for fruit sauces that deliver a punch. That's what I normally make when I am making my own sauces. This one, by the ingredients, had me salivating from the moment I unwrapped the bottle.

As I said the consistency is thick, but pourable. Think of your favorite BBQ sauce. When I taste it, the first thing I taste is the combination of fruits. I think it is the strawberry first, then the blueberry and banana. A little punch from the bhut, then a little tang from the red wine vinegar. Not much, just a hint. Then the bhut taste. Next, I finally taste the grape juice. That and the bhut linger.

The heat is unexpectedly big. I usually expect a fruit sauce to have a touch of heat, but not the punch that this one has. It's almost as much heat as it is sweet. Like, a nearly perfect balance. The heat is pretty quickly on your tongue (mainly the tip) and then there's the familiar throat burn of the bhut. I think some may have a pretty good surprise at the heat level and especially how long it lasts. Now, how will I use this.
Heat Level: 7.5

Applications: This sauce is very versatile, you just have to use your imagination. I would suggest it with white meats such as turkey, pork, or chicken. It would be good with shellfish such as shrimp, or oysters... as a topping on a sushi roll. Even dessert, as I made a granita with it for the Throwdown.

Appearance Score: 4.5
Aroma Score: 5
Taste Score: 4.5
Mouthfeel Score: 4.5
Heat Accuracy Score: 4.5

Overall Score: 4.6

Notes: There is very little left to say about this sauce. For you being a new manufacturer, you really knocked it out of the park! I have nearly finished the bottle already. I will be calling for more.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 78
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 83
Ok I am going to have to try the final take on this. He allowed me to try one of the first attempts and now I am curious how it ended. Nice review JT

Ingredients start off sounding like a smoothie, then the heat, then then final ingredients that make it a hot sauce. Sounds like a good grillin' glaze to me. It has the sugars and fruit flavors. Congrats Radtail.

@ Cory - Just send me a PM buddy and I'll send a bottle your way!

@THP - I had this one some grilled chicken over the summer and it was absolutely delicious. The heat did not dissipate at all after cooking.

That sounds awesome Redtail. You guys in PA are cornering defining the fruit based hot sauce market!
Good words JT.

So you would put this on chicken? I thought about buying these sauces but couldnt imagine what i'd put it on haha.

So you would put this on chicken? I thought about buying these sauces but couldnt imagine what i'd put it on haha.

I have personally tried it on grilled chicken, shrimp and even ice cream! A recent customer and friend smothered their entire Thanksgiving turkey with it and said it was phenomenal!!!

I just might have to try this one in my crepes and also my eggnog...mmmmmmm yum. I put my order in yesterday...can't wait!!

Back