• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Official Review: Ring Sting Habanero Sauce

Product Name: Ring Sting Habanero Sauce

Style: Fruity habanero sauce

Manufacturer: Ring Sting Hot Sauce

Country of Origin: USA

Ingredients: Pineapple, aged habanero peppers, vinegar, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, sea salt

Label/Packaging: The label is pretty simple yet effective. It has Ring Sting in large black letters set against an orange/yellow background. A habanero and a slice of pineapple are the main artwork. The website is very visible.

Appearance/Aroma: The appearance is a deep orange color with many flecks of pineapple and peppers visible. It looks a tad on the runny side and I assume as much whenever I open a bottle to find a reducer cap. The aroma is a pleasant hab/vinegar smell.

Body of Review:
I always like trying sauces from new manufacturers, so when Ring Sting sent me this package I was very excited. As I said, the label is a great look and the aroma is pretty much what I expect from a hab sauce. Now as for the taste, I get a nice sensation of sweet from the pineapple right away. This is not what I would consider a dessert sauce though by any means. The acidity of the lemon juice and the aged habs and vinegar give it nice balance. The texture is both runny and chunky at the same time; the sauce pours thin, but there are many chunks/flecks of fruit and pepper in there to give it more body than I thought. Back to the taste, this sauce has a nice overall burn. Nothing too hot, more of a punch right away then slowly fading to a sweet all over the mouth warmth. I can see many uses right away for this sauce.
Heat Level: 6.5

Applications: I immediately think seafood when I taste this sauce. It would be fantastic on shrimp, scallops, fish, or as I used it--to make a great tartar sauce for crab cakes. I also wanted to try its versatility on a cheesesteak. It was quite good on that as well.

Appearance Score: 5
Aroma Score: 5
Taste Score: 4.5
Mouthfeel Score: 3.5
Heat Accuracy Score: 5

Overall Score: 4.6

Notes: I think this is a terrific sauce. The taste, aroma, heat, and versatility are great, My only issue is that the mouthfeel is a bit gritty. I don't know if more cooking and blending would help this or not. Very nice sauce. Good job.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg