• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Oh Yeah!

Guajillo & Arbot chile

Guess what I'll be cooking?

481890029_G5BAH-L.jpg

I don't know! What?!

The ones on the left, I'd rehydrate in rum, put in waffle batter, and make waffles with. Serve with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup.

JayT said:

thehotpepper.com said:
I don't know! What?!

The ones on the left, I'd rehydrate in rum, put in waffle batter, and make waffles with. Serve with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup.
Hey THP, I'll be making chilly with these chillies :)

Jay you have a point & free is good :)

Which chilies are you making chili with as I want to know which chili is used in your chili?

Haha, I bet it's in the chili ;)

I will be using 2x chile arbot chillies for the heat in my chilly & 1x Guajillo chilly for flavoring.

but I'm debaiting on whether or not to rehydrate them in water or some kind of liquid ru.

PhatManDerek said:
but I'm debaiting on whether or not to rehydrate them in water or some kind of liquid ru.
No, the chili itself will rehydrate them. But please grind them ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
No, the chili itself will rehydrate them. But please grind them ;)
I was going too, and I was going to grind the rest and make a spice out of the 2 so I can have arbot spice and guijillo spice.

Nice eh?

I ate 1 arbot chilly pepper and man was it FREAKING HOT.

At first I was sucking on it because it tasted pretty dang good and after I've decided to eat it about 3 minutes later my mouth was on fire "OH YEAH" Finally some hot peppers.

Hey Phatman, were did you buy those peppers for $2.99? Seems like a great deal, and I've never seem Guajillos in the North.

POTAWIE said:
Hey Phatman, were did you buy those peppers for $2.99? Seems like a great deal, and I've never seem Guajillos in the North.
Hey Pot, I've found them at a little mom and pop store, I can't pronounce the store name yet but its like el bisto or something like that!

I can give you directions and their number so you could call them and order the chile's your self.

Actually I can get a lot of dried peppers from "chillychiles" near Ottawa. Its $7.99 there for 150g which is better than driving to Michigan:) I think I'll just wait to harvest my own.

Back