• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Old Bay has a hot sauce now and some folks are pretty excited

They want you to "sign up" to receive a notification when it will be available again......

Old_Bay_Hot_Sauce.jpg

Old Bay Hot Sauce Site

The Hot Pepper said:

Or um the original Old Bay seasoning? :lol:
haha that’s good to put on while air frying but I’m talking using this for an after fry topping, sometimes I like it wet  :metal:

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Got a recipe?

:point: recipe 
I'm just a simple dude :D  I slice em, spritz olive oil, garlic & onion powder dust with maybe some rosemary or italian Seasoning 

I love the flavor of Old Bay on potato wedges/fries, and I love hot sauce.  Without waiting in the bread lines outside of the County Communist controlled grocery store, I think I have the ingredients to hold us over for 60 days.  As said, roll thy own.  Please have a peaceful Easter weekend.  We all need it.

I was not far off! Looks like they use Frank's as a base, because the hot sauce in parentheses is EXCATLY Frank's.

That's not uncommon especially since Old Bay is not a hot sauce maker, per se. BBQ sauces have been doing it for years with ketchup.

I was not far off! Looks like they use Frank's as a base, because the hot sauce in parentheses is EXCATLY Frank's.
Considering McCormick & company owns French's. It's likely that they used Frank's as a base.
That said I had a chance to try it myself being gifted a bottle. This stuff is definitely Old Bay in a bottle. Subtle tangy not so hot flavor very similar to Frank's Red Hot. To me has a mild garlic and onion flavor with a heavy cellarac flavor that is expected with the Old Bay name. I will enjoy this with fried fish or shrimp.
IMG_20211224_110356934.jpg

Last edited:
Back