• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

One beer for the rest of your life. What would it be?

ribbedturtleneck said:
Lagunitas Maximus. 

Available in most fine beer stores, so it's accessible to the masses.

You don't know how true that is! Sold 50% to Heineken today.

ribbedturtleneck said:
Lagunitas Maximus. I like hops over malt. Better in warm weather, since it is so refreshing to me. Not a meal in a bottle like a heavy stout, so if you feel like having a couple, you're not full.
What?! No Fat squirrel?? Spotted cow?? Blasphemy!

ribbedturtleneck said:
Lagunitas Maximus. I like hops over malt. Better in warm weather, since it is so refreshing to me. Not a meal in a bottle like a heavy stout, so if you feel like having a couple, you're not full.

Its a toss up between that and a little sumpin extra

hogleg said:
GOTT DAMMIT!!! LAGUNITAS IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT FOR ME RIGHT NOW   :tear:  :tear:  :tear:  thats my home brewery, and been so for decades. I'm shocked to say the least.

apologize for the rant. but I'm bent about it. thats why I started this thread.

11958171_10207479900343479_7998033437597197927_o.jpg

Just expanded. Apparently the bottling/packaging side is even bigger.

Lots of interesting discussion, because apparently it's a great place to work w/ the kinds of benefits that don't normally exist in corporate owned places (fully union, free daycare, bring your dog to work etc) ...

Interesting ...

grantmichaels said:

attachicon.gif
11958171_10207479900343479_7998033437597197927_o.jpg

Just expanded. Apparently the bottling/packaging side is even bigger.

Lots of interesting discussion, because apparently it's a great place to work w/ the kinds of benefits that don't normally exist in corporate owned places (fully union, free daycare, bring your dog to work etc) ...

Interesting ...

I've personally watched them nearly double in size and production every year since they moved to Petaluma.

Sweetgrass - Grand Teton Brewery

Hop Sun - short run imperial hefe (I think?) from Southern Tier Brewery

Oberon - Bells  (Don't like Larry, love that beer forever)

Little Sumpin - Lagunitas

Little Yella Pils - Oscar Blues

Depends on the day....

What a difficult question to answer.  I will really have to think about this one.  Its like asking which of my 3 kids is my favorite lol
 For Summer, I love the Summer Solstice from Anderson Valley.  I really like their Barney Flatts Oatmeal Stout as well.  Blue Moon is always good if I go out and don't see anything else that appeals to me.  Any of the Dogfish Head beers hit the spot especially the 90min.  Its just so expensive.

hogleg said:
Yea the little yella pils has peaked my interest. Also I would trust my palate's life with Dru.

You can off-topic and highjack my threads all you want, I don't mind. Just don't tell Salsa Lady I said that.  :rofl:

:lol:

Back