• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

One beer for the rest of your life. What would it be?

All great brews mentioned thus far and this is not a critique, just my opinion :
Love, love, love Cigar City's Zhukov but I couldn't drink it all year long. Their Jai Alai however I could do non-stop.
Lagunitas makes great brews and I think for me Lagunitas Sucks is my favorite, but it's not available year round.
Dogfish Head 60 or 90 minute (check)
For me though a few I have access to and could do forever:
NODA Brewing in Charlotte, N.C. Hop, Drop n' Roll (won 2015 GABF gold ... the fresher the better, after bout a month it turns into a malt bomb)
Asheville, N.C.'s Wicked Weed Brewing's Freak of Nature IIPA
Sierra Nevada Torpedo
Lot's of IPA's there (I do love Big Stouts, Big Porters, Hefes, etc) but that is style I can drink any day wether it is hot or cold outside, rain or shine, hell fire or glaciers.
Cheerz

Not a whole lot of options here in my town. I can find most of what is mentioned here in a couple bars downtown but the stores like to play it safe with mostly mainstream pisswater crap.
There are 2 that I like that I'm able to find in my favorite mini mart beer caves.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Red Hook Long Hammer IPA

Of the 2, Long Hammer is the preferred.

Hawaiianero said:
Not a whole lot of options here in my town. I can find most of what is mentioned here in a couple bars downtown but the stores like to play it safe with mostly mainstream pisswater crap.
There are 2 that I like that I'm able to find in my favorite mini mart beer caves.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Red Hook Long Hammer IPA

WTF??? No "Kona Brew Co." In Kona? I kinda want to try their Castaway IPA. Mostly cause their food paring is Spicy bacon wrapped pineapple and spam!!! LOL

Hawaiianero said:
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Red Hook Long Hammer IPA

What about Maui Brewing Co's CoCoNut PorTeR ... supposed to be lil' bit earth-shattering.

3907479949_16a3043abf.jpg

Phil said:

That ain't gonna cut it, buddy...... only one for the rest of your life. What would it be?

Right now?  Have to answer?  Little Yella Pils.  Eminently drinkable.  

tomorrow you'll likely get a different answer though...

Phil said:
No rush... lol. Just going by Hog's rules!

Yeah.

It's an impossible question without knowing how many/day that I can have, LOL ...

It's more of a style vs style problem for me than an individual contest ...

What if you can only have your beer where it's distributed, and if you are out of area, you are out of luck ... do you re-select? ...

Fuck Yes.

There's a part of me that would answer this with Negra Modelo, which is a consistently drinkable and vastly available ...

hogleg said:

WTF??? No "Kona Brew Co." In Kona? I kinda want to try their Castaway IPA. Mostly cause their food paring is Spicy bacon wrapped pineapple and spam!!! LOL
For Kona brew, as long as I get it from the brewery it's legit but if I get it from the store it's been bottled in California and shipped back to Kona. The Castaway IPA is pretty good but I only drink it when I go to the brewery. It's the least fruit flavored drink they have.

grantmichaels said:

What about Maui Brewing Co's CoCoNut PorTeR ... supposed to be lil' bit earth-shattering.

I've been to Maui Brewing Co. in Kihei once, hands down a better brewery IMO. At least what they sell in stores here are bottled in Maui.

My problem with them and other local breweries is that they think we all want fruity tropical flavored beers. If I wanted fruity I'd hollow out a pineapple and drop a bottle of rum in it. I like beer to taste like beer or ale or lager, not passionfruit/coconut.

Just sayin.......... :drunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5KAMjc9K5I

fast forward to :49

super break it down get funky part @ 2:35

Back