One infestation or two?

Not sure what is in this photo, though I do have two guesses in mind. Seeing as how my guesses are just... guesses, thought I might ask for some help. What s that on my chili plants?

OI000008_zpsgnnild3d.jpg

MrGlen said:

Just aphids? I thought the white ones were something else. Cool. Soap and water away!
Just? Aphids. Hope your right.
Aphids just happen to be if not thee, one of the worst plagues to grace the canopies of pepper growers crops.
If your plants are out doors, highly managable. If indoors, your in for a treat. (Sarcasm). Soap and water won't cut it.

Ladybird larvae are the way to go IMO but using them indoors feels mean as, after stopping the plague, they're left to starve.

spicefreak said:
Ladybird larvae are the way to go IMO but using them indoors feels mean as, after stopping the plague, they're left to starve.
You can put them in an empty plastic container (with air holes) and keep them in the refrigerator. They'll fall asleep and hibernate for months without food :)

Once it warms up, let 'em go out in the garden. I did it 2 years ago

I had thought they were whiteflies, on account of finding whiteflies on my eggplants a few days ago. These small white things are smaller than those ones.

Anyhow, I'm trying the soap, water, and oil thing today.

MikeUSMC said:
You can put them in an empty plastic container (with air holes) and keep them in the refrigerator. They'll fall asleep and hibernate for months without food :)
Once it warms up, let 'em go out in the garden. I did it 2 years ago
That's dependent on getting them all in the box though.

Back