• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

One Mad Dog's 2011 Growing List

Unfortunately a freak frost killed off a lot of the plants I was growing for 2011 so here are my surviving plants:

CHILTEPIN
BIRD'S EYE
7 POT
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA CHOCOLATE BROWN
TRINIDAD SCORPION
HABANERO RED
HABANERO ORANGE
AMAZON
BILLY GOAT
BLACK CAYMAN
CARMINE
GOAT
HABANERO NEON YELLOW
REGINA'S HOTS
SCOTCH BONNET RED
SCOTCH BONNET YELLOW
SENEGAL
TAZMANIAN
TIGER TEETH
DEVIL'S TONGUE
FATALII
HABANERO CHOCOLATE
HABANERO WHITE
JAMAICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
NAGA MORICH
WEST INDIAN RED

I will post pictures when I get the chance.

glad you still have such a good list going.. and sorry for the loses. Have you eaten the Billy Got pepper, if so what's it like? i saw it in the list and scratched my head some... you also have the Goat.... curiosity abounds.

Can you please tell me what the Amazon pepper is like?
Lots of yum yums for you! :)

I will send you a sample if I get any pods (that is a long time off). The pictures I have seen seem to look just like a Fatalli and as I really like Fatalli I thought I would give it a try.

very hot; Habanero Type; 2 to 2.5 inches long by 0.75 to 1.25 inches wide; medium thick flesh; matures from green to bright yellow; pendant pods; green leaves; 24 to 30 inches tall; Late Season; C.chinense.

glad you still have such a good list going.. and sorry for the loses. Have you eaten the Billy Got pepper, if so what's it like? i saw it in the list and scratched my head some... you also have the Goat.... curiosity abounds.

Both the Goat varities are new to me and I got the plants from Cross Country nurseries to try them out.

BILLY GOAT – very hot; 0.5 to 0.75 inches long by 0.5 to 0.75 inches wide; medium thick flesh; matures from green to orange to dark red; pendant pods; green leaves; 24 to 30 inches tall; Very Late Season; Uses: Prolific; hint of cherry aroma; C.chinense.

GOAT – very hot; Habanero Type; 0.5 to 1 inches long by 0.5 to 1 inches wide; medium thick flesh; matures from pale green to orange to red; pendant pods; green leaves; 24 to 30 inches tall; Late Season; C.chinense.

Both the Goat varities are new to me and I got the plants from Cross Country nurseries to try them out.

BILLY GOAT – very hot; 0.5 to 0.75 inches long by 0.5 to 0.75 inches wide; medium thick flesh; matures from green to orange to dark red; pendant pods; green leaves; 24 to 30 inches tall; Very Late Season; Uses: Prolific; hint of cherry aroma; C.chinense.

GOAT – very hot; Habanero Type; 0.5 to 1 inches long by 0.5 to 1 inches wide; medium thick flesh; matures from pale green to orange to red; pendant pods; green leaves; 24 to 30 inches tall; Late Season; C.chinense.

Thanks OMD! they sound tasty... will look into adding them next year... The Goat name made me think of the Caribbean Islands.... been to a few and they got's lots of goats. HA!

Back