• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

One of my favourites - CGN 23255

Awesome! I love CGN21500 and this year I'm growing CGN21566 as well. How would you compare say CGN21500 with this 23255?

Photo of CGN23255 from Semillas:

Screen_Shot_2016_03_26_at_4.png

Bump....

It's easy for a wallflower like me to nudge a good thespian stagewards when i shy from the limelight myself...

...bu-u-u-ut, this isn't about morality or personal ethics, Nigel, it's about CGN 23255, and the possibility that we can persuade you to give us a review of this pepper.

Any darned fool can decide whether he prefers a freshly baked cinnamon Danish pastry before a stale crust of bread (or a Cumari do Para instead of a grocery-store orange habanero), but most folk tasting a hot pepper can't tell me WHY they like/dislike a specific pepper's gastronomic package of heat/flavour/aroma/texture sensations the way you do.

I have no idea how much hassle is involved in filming a review of this pepper but i am always eager to see another review by you. Please consider doing one.

Thanks

mikeg said:
Bump....

It's easy for a wallflower like me to nudge a good thespian stagewards when i shy from the limelight myself...

...bu-u-u-ut, this isn't about morality or personal ethics, Nigel, it's about CGN 23255, and the possibility that we can persuade you to give us a review of this pepper.

Any darned fool can decide whether he prefers a freshly baked cinnamon Danish pastry before a stale crust of bread (or a Cumari do Para instead of a grocery-store orange habanero), but most folk tasting a hot pepper can't tell me WHY they like/dislike a specific pepper's gastronomic package of heat/flavour/aroma/texture sensations the way you do.

I have no idea how much hassle is involved in filming a review of this pepper but i am always eager to see another review by you. Please consider doing one.

Thanks
This is the longest way i've ever seen someone ask for something. Good job MikeG

Hi Nigel, good to see you here. These questions are for anyone, but how many peppers have you seen that produces that many peppers from one node? You know this was coming, so you think this would cross well with one of the better supers to make a plant that produces more peppers? It would probably have to be a pepper that isn't too big. Maybe Primos crossed with this one? Tom

cycadjungle said:
Hi Nigel, good to see you here. These questions are for anyone, but how many peppers have you seen that produces that many peppers from one node? You know this was coming, so you think this would cross well with one of the better supers to make a plant that produces more peppers? It would probably have to be a pepper that isn't too big. Maybe Primos crossed with this one? Tom

Very few indeed, Tom. There is a hybrid going around that also shows this trait and has mini bhut-like pods. Moranga hybrid or something alone those lines. Comes in green or dark plants and red or peach pods. Jim Duffy sold plants last season and it was created by Jes Christensen in Denmark. I`ll see if I can find some photos. 

A number of the wild species also show this trait. C.tovarii, parvifolium and caatingae, off the top of my head. 

mikeg said:
Bump....

Thanks
:rofl:

Nigel said:
I love this plant - CGN 23255. 

It`s a C.chinense from Brazil that has very small round, pretty hot red berries. And up to 16 flowers per node!!! I can`t find a photo of the pods, but you get the idea!

Has this pepper a good amount of sweetness? I grow CAP 691 this year, and it is a fantastic pepper, similar looking and aromatic, but i miss the sweetness in it.

Back