• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Only my douglahs are looking bad

Only my trinidad douglahs aren't looking so hot. I did everything the same for all my peppers. Could this be a genetic thing from the seed or maybe they like different conditions? First pic is the 2 douglahs 2nd is to compare to the rest of my plants.
001-14.jpg

002-20.jpg

Some of my plants started to yellow like that after alot of rain. I gave them some nutes and they started to get nice a green

Douglahs always seem a little finicky for me, not sure of the reason maybe just genetics or needs specific requirements?

Are they in peat pots? If so, it could be a watering "situation." Peat pots are IMO terrible at water retention and dry out extremely quick. Maybe those 2 plants are the only ones showing signs of too much/little water?

Straticus said:
Are they in peat pots? If so, it could be a watering "situation." Peat pots are IMO terrible at water retention and dry out extremely quick. Maybe those 2 plants are the only ones showing signs of too much/little water?

Yes they are in peat pots. I will check out the soil.

Yeah Douglahs seem od. I have 5 and 2 look awesome, 1 looks so so and 2 look scrawny, they are all about the same age. The worst looking one is the one I put in a bigger pot 3 weeks ago. I didnt damage the rootball when I transplanted it but it seemed to stop growing. IDK what to do...

Man that's alot of leaves. And nice color. Nice job getting them back. And I agree with above- Douglahs are "grumpy" sometimes and never seem to be in sync with the rest of my plants. I grew some a while back and they were a pain.

Back