auction Operation Homefront Charity Auction - The Ghost Pepper Store

Hello everyone,

This auction is to raise money for a very good charity, Operation Homefront. Operation Homefront is a national non-profit that provides emergency financial and other assistance to military families and Wounded Warriors. I chose this charity based on their high rating for transparency and their low overhead. I want to make the money raised count as much as possible.

I will be personally matching the donation up to $200, but feel free to run the price up higher!

Up for auction will be a variety box of goodies from The Ghost Pepper Store (retail value over $50). Box contents listed below:
  • 4 ounce bag of mixed superhot pods (bhut jolokia, yellow bhut jolokia, chocolate bhut jolokia, and 7 Pot Douglah)
  • 1 ounce bag of smoked ghost pepper pods (imported product see auction terms for details)
  • 1 ounce bag of smoked ghost pepper powder (imported product see auction terms for details)
  • 1 ounce bag of dried yellow ghost peppers (grown and processed at our farm)
  • 1 ounce bag of dried tepins (grown and processed by a friend in AZ)
  • 1 ounce bag of Triple Threat Powder (Experimental superhot powder blend, all locally grown, not available to the public at this time!)

charity auction by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

***Fresh peppers pictured are not the exact peppers you will receive. The fresh pods for the auction will be picked the day of shipping.

Auction Terms

Auction will end at 8 PM Central Time Sunday, Aug 12th, 2012.
Winner will be announced promptly barring any unforeseen circumstances which might delay announcement.
Payment is expected before 4 PM on Monday, Aug 13th, 2012, box will ship same day payment is made. Please do not bid if you are unable to pay!
The donation to Operation Homefront will be made the same day in the name of "Members of TheHotPepper.com" (This way everyone wins something!)
The donation receipt will be posted in this thread once I receive it.
Shipping will be paid for by The Ghost Pepper Store so the full amount of your bid will go to charity.

*Full disclosure on the smoked ghost peppers - this is a product of India, these are imported products from outside the US. Some people may have an issue with this. If the winner does not wish these products to be included, I will replace them with something of equal value.

*If bidding from ouside the US - I will not be able to ship fresh peppers outside of the US. If the winning bidder does not have a US mailing address I will replace the fresh pods with something of equal value.
Bidding starts at $1 - GO!

qbvbsite - please read the updated terms. I did forget to mention that I do not ship fresh pods outside the US. I will, however, make sure you get plenty of other goodies in place of the fresh pods if you or anyone else outside the US wins.

You may also retract your bid if you like, it is only fair.

So the fresh pods have been chosen for this box. Some are still on the plants and will be picked tomorrow. It looks like it will be closer to 6oz and will contain red, yellow and chocolate ghost peppers, TS Butch T, and a couple of Douglahs. If the bidding goes above $60 I am going to throw in some prik kee noo pods as well.

You are a very good man Boiler. Thank you for doing that.

PM me your email address and I will send you a PayPal invoice. You will be able to put your shipping address in when you pay the invoice. Thank you very much.

WooHoo! Well done, BoilerAnimal.

(not a clue what that forum name means, ~~~~) way to jump into the pool! Thanks for your support of the charity.

So it turns out that with this particular charity there was no option for getting a digital certificate immediately. So that is something I will work on for the next auction. I have pasted the contents of their email below, with some personal details omitted.

Dear Mr. Holmes:

Just a note to let you know that we received your donation and it is
greatly appreciated. We will immediately put it to work making a
difference in the lives of our military families. The following
information was recorded by Operation Homefront:
Salutation: Mr.
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Holmes
Address:
City: Wood River
State: Illinois
Postal Code: 62095
Email: support@ghostpepperstore.com
Phone:
Amount: $130.00
Fund: General
Campaign: Unsolicited
Comments: This donation was raised through a charity auction by the
members of TheHotPepper.com, an online forum for chili heads and
chili related businesses. Thank you.
Gift Frequency: One-Time

You will receive a donation receipt by mail shortly. Please contact
us if any of the information is incorrect, or if you have any questions.
We can be reached at Info@OperationHomefront.net or by phone at (800)
722-6098.

Thank you again, BoilerAnimal! Your package will be in the mail shortly! Please let us know what you think of the Triple Threat Powder, we are eager to get some more feedback on it.

Thank You Sir, for posting the e-mail you got from the OperationHomefront site. I will also be letting you know of the Triple Treat Powder, Looking forward to getting the package, this has been fun. thanks again Boileranimal

Just a note got my package today and everything is in good order. Tried the Triple Threat Powder today in some taco meat for taco's and it is very good, my lips are still burning. You can taste the Ghost in it. Thank you again for this auction, will be looking for more. Boileranimal

Back