bottles-jars Opinions on small 1.7oz Woozy Bottles

Hi guys, 

I want to give away a large amount of samples to people to get feedback. At the moment I give away 5oz glass bottle samples so people can really get the flavor. However, the cost of doing that on a larger scales is pretty high.What are your thoughts on the 1.7oz woozy as a sample? Does it seem cheap? If any of you have done it what was the response to the small samples? 

Any feedback is much appreciated! 

Genie

If you're giving away free samples I don't think anyone will be complaining! I think people can get a good understanding of the flavor either way. I guess it just depends on how many people are begging for some and how much you can send out!

The cost is going to come out higher than if you used 5oz.  Also keep in mind the necks on the bottles are really narrow, so if you have a thick sauce it's gonna clog.  They look cute but they are a pita to fill by hand and ultimately take a lot longer to do a full case instead of bigger bottles with a funnel.  the first 2 years I must have filled about 1000 of these.  And gave them all away.  After talking with Endorphin Farms and doing my own logistics analysis it's better to stick to 5oz.

$33 for 100 1.7 oz bottles.  That's 170 ounces or 1.33 gallons.

$4 for 12 5oz woozy bottles, you can make 34 samples and you're about 1/3 the cost in glass.  If you want to talk the same cost, you can make about 100 5oz bottles for roughly the same price just using more product... which can be good or bad, but if people like it, the bigger bottle is easier to manage and they can share it more.

1.7 oz doesn't go very far when sharing it at a table with friends or family.

I blew a LOT of money on those in my first 2 years at it.  If I had to go back, I wouldn't get more than a case and even then, use them sparingly for specific applications.  I provided my reviewers with a survey and a self addressed stamped envelope.  Those that made it back were about 50% complaints about the product being difficult to get out of the bottle.

Koreansoul said:
Hi guys, 

I want to give away a large amount of samples to people to get feedback. At the moment I give away 5oz glass bottle samples so people can really get the flavor. However, the cost of doing that on a larger scales is pretty high.What are your thoughts on the 1.7oz woozy as a sample? Does it seem cheap? If any of you have done it what was the response to the small samples? 

Any feedback is much appreciated! 

Genie

I did a case of them for fun - and it wasn't fun at all. They're a nightmare to fill. 
I'd suggest doing 5 or 10 oz bottles and being selective with who you send to for feedback. 

good luck! 

We did 1000 split between two sauces when we did the first two runs, we gave all but one of each away as promotion. For us it was the right thing to do but for reviewers or possible retail opportunities I would always send a 5oz

2-cents- just use 5 oz bottles and be selective about who you give them to. 

If you have some bottles right now and want to send some up to the NW with a questionnaire or feedback form, we're having a chileheads campout in about 3 weeks and there will probably be close to 50 people there who would taste and give you feedback. 

Send me a PM if it's something you'd be interested in.

Back