• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat *Opinions* on this year's consistently hottest strain

NOTE: this is meant to be an opinion thread, not an unscientific attempt to classify heat without objective testing.

Every year, I find that there's a strain that seems to most consistently have the hottest pods from grower to grower, and each subsequent year the absolute heat level continues to increase.

What's the varietal - this year - you consistently find to be the hottest?

Mine over the past few years:

Last year: chocolate bhutlah
Year before: reapers
Year before: primos
Year before: brown scorpion moruga
Year before: butch t / brain strain (tie)

I haven't grown them and they're not very new, but everybody who has grown them says 7 Pot Lucy's are screamin' hot. And another hot one in my opinion this year would be Butch's BTR.

-Adam

Who has run anything close to Judy's black lava?
It has busted some well know ass's and its a year better old and likely then at least F3 or she wouldnt have sent out pods
This season amounted to a bunch of name dropping like last year(My Daddy whips your Daddy III X My Daddy Whips your Daddy II)

Indeed,its a source pump(media)

spicefreak said:
Eh, I've heard otherwise about Lucy but can't confirm or disprove claims either way.

Hmm. Well that's a bummer. I was hoping Lucy's were going to be as hot as the reviews I've seen claimed they were. But I guess not. I'll just have to grow it next year to find out. :)

spicefreak said:
Eh, I've heard otherwise about Lucy but can't confirm or disprove claims either way.
ericlitman said:
Interesting. I had a few Lucy's for the first time this year and didn't find them to be particularly hot. But one data point doesn't make a trend line...

I haven't grown or tasted it but from what I've seen my vote is for Bhuter's BBM x Madballz for barn burner of the year.

hogleg said:
I haven't grown or tasted it but from what I've seen my vote is for Bhuter's BBM x Madballz for barn burner of the year.
Thank you very much, Hogleg! That's mighty nice of you to say!

-Adam

Back