Orange Bullet Habanero

Has anyone ever seen a orange bullet habanero?  I have heard of yellow bullet varieties and that's what I thought I recieved from a member here but the plant has starting producing loads of peppers and all of them are a beautiful orange color.  They're the same shape and size as a yellow bullet but obviously not yellow.  I've left them on the plant to see if they will change color but they're not turning yellow.  They are very good and have a sweet flavor with alot of heat for a habanero...which seems to be the signature of a bullet habanero according to AjiJoe and Nigel.  If there isn't an orange bullet habanero, what could it be?    

maybe it was a white / yellow that got crossed with something orange/red or just didn't get the white mutation all the way.

link  

I had red bullet habs from a THP member last year.  Tall prolific plants and wonderfully hot peppers.  See if they ripen to red and you'll know.  :)

Makes sense. Mine is definitely not a yellow bullet but it's okay because they're lovely and quite hot.

Since all of the peppers are like this that means the plant didn't cross to make them orange in my garden, correct?

Thanks

i never heard of yellow bullet but a simple google search should produce the original gold bullet and white bullet habaneros. i have never heard of red bullets either! but maybe a grower is trying to create their own variety by calling a gold bullet a yellow bullet.

i have grown many gold bullets and they produce plentiful and have a strong chinense smell and flavour, nothing like that of orange habs in taste or smell but similar in heat.

why, i have even purchased a plant that was sold as a white bullet hab that turned out to be a gold - i was really disappointed. when i confronted the seller(a hydroponic shop) they just ignored me...thus, never getting anymore of my business.(Incredigrow Garden Centre, just incase any locals are viewing).

ikeepfish said:
Got any pics?
I'll snap a picture in the morning. I don't think it's a red bullet because all of the peppers have stayed a nice golden orange. They have a pearl yellow tint in the right sun but still a beautiful orange color and bullet shape. I know when Nigel reviewed the yellow bullet from AjiJoe he commented that it was well above the habanero heat range and this one fits that bill nicely.

Thanks again!

Back