orange hab question

Is this normal? and /or what is causing it?

hab1.jpg
hab2.jpg
hab3.jpg

in peppers, is it customary for BER to occure internally only and not on the bottom of the pod as it does on tomatos? as a precaution I have treated the plants with a calcium product that cured blossum end rot in my tomatos.

newpeppergrower1105 said:
the weevil enter thru the stem and peppers show no outside symptoms, did it fall off? im really hoping you dont got weevils there the worst
no i removed it when it ripened. and even then it did not come off the stem easily.on examination, the seeds seem blackened but I see no other indications.

It's a first wave pod. Seeds often don't form and finding a green pod growing within your pod is also common.

I've found it common with; orange habs, scotch bonnets and red savinas.

The problem with lack of seeds or black bits where seeds where once has also happened with all the peppers I've grown - from naga to sweet pepper.

I had the same,problem last year. No external signs of entry, even through the stem. But around 50% of all my pods were molded in the inside. I never did find a culprit.

compmodder26 said:
I had the same,problem last year. No external signs of entry, even through the stem. But around 50% of all my pods were molded in the inside. I never did find a culprit.
As did I, I blamed myself on over watering with soaker hoses but doubt that was the root cause. 

ok, Thx for the input. I looked into weevil damage and from what I pulled up on google was starting to think that may be the culprit. I have never seen any weevils on my plants(not that that means anything) but I dont have hudereds of plants either so I am able to spend more time observing each individual plant for new changes. I will chalk it up to first wave pods and it just happens for now.

I get a few pods like that every year, but never enough for me to worry about. I always just figured they were the runts of the litter. I also see that occasionally in pods from the grocery.

Earlier today I cut the 4th pod and voila. No dark spots and under developed seeds. I prmptly made a big mistake and started slicing and devouring it on an empty stomach. I now know what capsaisin cramps are.

Back