• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Ordered seed trays

A case of them, from HorticultureSource. They are 102-cell trays filled with Oasis Horticubes and they come 40 to a case. The cubes are 1"x1" at the top, 1.5" tall and the front and back sides are tapered.

I've been playing with them for a while and like how plants grow in them. They are made from some kind of synthetic material but they crumble into almost dust when they dry out. Seeds germinate faster and so far, more effectively than in potting mix or the Bio-Dome inserts. One caveat - the seedlings need to almost stay in water or get watered every day. But it doesn't hurt them, at least toms.

Another thing I want to try is transplanting them into 72-cell nursery trays once the plants get a bit larger. Not for my use - I'll happily transplant them in the ground. Rather, for plants I want to sell. I know customers and some of them would take them home, stick them in the yard and forget to water for 3-4 days. The potting mix will help retain moisture.

I can't hardly wait to put then to use!

Mike

Tomatoes grow like weeds ;)

We use 77 plug cells to start stuff, all in "soil", barring the initial outlay it probably works out a lot cheaper.

¥

Back