• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Organic Growing

I'd like to make a single thread here where we can all discuss organic growing, its advantages and disadvantages, methodologies and so on. I will use this first post as a placeholder for an index, linking to popular and informative information so it can be used like an index

I turned to organic growing for simplicity. When we find the most diverse remedies prescribed for a given issue, we may confidently assume that none of these remedies are particularly efficacious. So when many different ways of approaching gardening are recommended, we may rest assured that none of them leads with absolute certainty to the goal, least of all those advocated in a fanatical way.

It is for this reason I warmed to organic gardening. I did not want to worry about checking pH, finding the perfect nutrient solutions, having to flush nutrients, or change and add nutrients at different times, I did not want to worry about the multitude of different pests and the different ways of dealing with them, none of which seem very effective.

With an organic plant, you can just leave it. It might not grow the fastest, it might not bear the most fruit, however I believe it is by far the most productive method of growing per unit of time spent. I utilise a no-dig method, in pots currently as I do not own any land. I planted the pepper in the same container with the same soil that has been in the pot for 3 years now, added some compost and mulch on top and just left it alone

It's important to note that I am not bashing other methods here and am not against these other methods either. I grow catnip for my cat and do it hydroponically with synthetic nutrients as my goal is simply to grow as much vegetation as possible - organic gardening for me was the answer to the question of what to do with the least amount of time available

I switched from using Miracle Grow only because it made me worry a bit from knowing I'm adding other things that the plant doesn't need at that point in time, where as now I have full control of giving it exactly what it needs.

Turning sand into soil in just 5 months:

• Mulch
  • Nitrogen
  • Darkness
  • Moisture
  • Living root

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIVO444M4kM

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
`
Hey Powelly, I meant to post earlier, welcome back!

Don't disappear again... Your informative - helpful - insightful - through posts always appreciated...

Thank you! I'll try to stick around

Back