• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Organic micro/macro nutrients

Hey folks. I'm looking for suggestions and opinions on organic micro/macro nutrients. I've found hundreds on groco.com and horticulturesource.com

I grow in smart pots/root pouches using homemade pro-mix basically if that helps. I use xtreme gardening mycos and botanicare pure blend pro grow and pro soil as main fertilizer. I'm just looking for what I could use for some micro/macro nutrients.

Thanks

I don't have the means to brew teas. And my plants are already established in their 5-7 gallon pots, so would adding guano to the top of the growing medium do very much?

you may see benefits but the question is how long will it be. It needs to be broken down first. I don't see it hurting much but just may not get the immediate results you are looking for.

Botanicare pure blend pro is a complete fertilizer, with balanced macro/micro nutrients ( made up mostly of the suggested amendment listed above, with additional not strictly organic additives to round it out) already.  Why do you feel you need to add more?  A common trap I saw people fall into while working at hydroponic stores (which fertilizer companies prey on) is people thinking buying additives will improve their garden.  Usually improving the environment pays off more, improving soil texture, dialing in EC and pH, etc.  Those are more complex then buying a bottle though, takes more time to see returns.  Trust me though, as someone who use to grow indoors I've spent thousand on additives until I learned that lesson.

It's also easy to create problems by putting too many things together as nutrients will start to bind into precipitate, if you're convinced you need more ferts then stick to one line as they're designed to work together without creating issues.  Botanicare has lots of schedules to show when to use what additive, as always beware of marketing though...

The one product I always advise as generally useful is a foliar kelp spray, any cold processed kelp will show definite increase in growth rates if applied at the proper times as it'll shift the plants hormones to promote rapid growth.

Well that was quite the detailed answer monkey hunter.

The reason I asked about this is because botanicare came out with a product called Vitamino. It has a bunch of amino acids and jazz and i would like to try it but it's slightly expensive and was going to see if there was any cheaper options.

coheed196 said:
I don't have the means to brew teas. And my plants are already established in their 5-7 gallon pots, so would adding guano to the top of the growing medium do very much?
i add guano on the top of my soil when i grow cannabis.  Seems to work fine for me.  I use about 1 tbl for a 3 or 5 gallon bucket.  

coheed196 said:
Yes, it will leach / wash down into the soil - also guano is also very slow release

^^^ Big fan of Azomite here. I get it real cheap on Ebay. But if my eyes are seeing straight, it looks like Kelp4less has free shipping.  A little bit of the powder goes a long way in my experience.

Next year i may pick the 44lb retail bag of the granular stuff to spread over my whole plot...mineral and sillicate goodness.

Proud Marine Dad said:

Is that during vegetative growth or flowering as well?
i use it for both.  That stuff is pretty hot so i go light on it.
compmodder26 said:
You could also use Azomite.  It contains a bunch of trace minerals.  And it's pretty darn cheap at kelp4less (free shipping too).
I plan on using this this winter on my next cannabis grow.  thanks for posting!
http://www.hightimes.com/read/subcools-super-soil-step-step

This recipe for the flowering stage of cannabis contains azomite in the mix.  i have heard this mix is great.  Subcool claims that you need to feed your plants with water and some molasses and thats it.  The plants have everything they need for flowering in the bottom of the pots.  

Back