• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Organic Recommendations Please...

Okay, a real question concerning peppers....

ordinarily my pepper plants flourish like crazy, very rapidly and produce early.

this year, i was give my pepper plants by a friend of a friend who owns green houses and sells at farmer markets and such.

they are not flourishing early or growing rapidly or producing. yet.

maybe i need some fertilizer.
i prefer to be organic (i know... most are technically organic).
what do you all recommend for me????

rest of garden (except carrots) is going crazy!!!!

I did plant in the same spot as last year. but early in spring about a month or month and a half before planting, the entire garden got a wealthy dose of compost and cow poop.

thanks in advance!

It could be that the plants you were given were subjected to below acceptable temps early on and may be stunted. They may recover or they may not if that is the case.

i use neptunes harvest fish emulsion and seaweed extract however this year i have been used composted chicken manure and i am like OMG i have already picked two batches of peppers and about to pick about a bushel of beans and tomatoes

LOL. hey, thanks everyone!

i was reading through the older posts on here and read a lot about epsom salts. I take it you're all not thinking that this is the cure?

Is the goal potassium? Or Nitrates?

or just the sh*t? LOL. Cause I could poop on it myself... LOL... j/k

I was just about to work a little epsom into the soil when i decided to log back in to check out the comments.

I have bone meal on hand anywyay, but will that just make them bushy? or does it promote fruit also?

Seriously the things are 1/2 the size of my tomato plants. They (pepper plants) are starting to produce fruit, but they are like midget plants!!!! Very frustrating.

If they don't grow, then I want everyone on this website to send me a box of peppers this summer!!!!!

:-D

Back