• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Organic Thoughts?

So last year I bought a $40 bag of granular Azo mite and Hickman's a local egg farm sells 20lb bags of pellet poo for $4.99 the local nursery a 20lb bag of worm castings for $19.99
So what are your thought are these a good way to go is the price you think average is there something I maybe missing Im out here in phx,az if there is anyone else that lives here Im also looking for mulch,soil, Garden soil ect if you have a source for any of the above items any help is appreciated also I just picked up a 8lb bottle of millers A-z mix for $15 that a has worm castings trace minerals if there be anything you had good results with Id be interested in knowing thank for your posts and time SMITTY

Organic is a great way to go! I finally went fully organic in terms of fertilizers last year and it took some getting used to, but it was great! The only thing I would say that is very different is how you use the fertilizers. Always put them in the year before you're going to use the soil so they have time to get broken down.

I get my stuff from kelp4less.com as do many others but if you can find it cheap around tour house go for it. Those are some decent prices of soil amendments.

Are you looking to go fully organic or hybrid?
Go look at kwlp4less.com they sell so many things for organic gardening, trace minerals, humic acid, fulvic acid, etc. Everything you would want to make great organic soil for years to come.

LawrenceJ2007 said:
Organic is a great way to go! I finally went fully organic in terms of fertilizers last year and it took some getting used to, but it was great! The only thing I would say that is very different is how you use the fertilizers. Always put them in the year before you're going to use the soil so they have time to get broken down.

I get my stuff from kelp4less.com as do many others but if you can find it cheap around tour house go for it. Those are some decent prices of soil amendments.

Are you looking to go fully organic or hybrid?
Go look at kwlp4less.com they sell so many things for organic gardening, trace minerals, humic acid, fulvic acid, etc. Everything you would want to make great organic soil for years to come.
Thanks my man

sp33d said:
They are awesome...I use them for my indoor grows all the time...
I have to check that out and get ready for next season. We are making a 12x4 raised garden this weekend out of cedar and I want it to be 100% organic. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Make sure the cedar is NOT treated :) What width you going with for the boarder height?
+1 ...savinared if you are OCD as I am when it comes to "trying" to be as organic as possible and even if I wasn't you still would want to make certain that the cedar you use for the raised bed is not treated ...can't stress that enough...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
So 1 x 12 x 24, found a source for those?
Actually I'm not the one building it lol. I'm not the most handy guy when it comes to these kinds of projects. My sons friend is coming over Saturday to build it with my wife and son. I will be at work coming home to a nice raised garden. I will let you know for sure once I find out. It was my wife's idea and I just rolled with it...........

Back