• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Other growlog

Well I thought I should start a growlog for my nonpeppers mostly herbs never grown as of this stuff just waiting now for the seeds from baker creek to get here, but any advice would be great.
Thanks
Stevia
Milk Thistle
Basil- Lemon
Basil- Thai Sweet
Chinese Chives
Chinese Motherwort
White Soul Alpine Strawberry
Yellow Wonder Strawberry
Banna Passion Fruit

Congrats and hope its a good turn out, if it's anything like your chili glog I'm sure you'll knock it outta the park. The wife and I have been talking about starting our own garden so we have a better idea of what we're putting in our bodies. Def be checking back in to see your progress.

Good luck with the herbs,
I'm starting some leaf lettuce, mesclun and herbs up this weekend using deep root trays 4 1/2" deep 2" across, star shaped which forces the roots down not around. My T8 flouros will do the trick as the lettuce and herbs prefer it cool. The heat from the Metal Halides or T5's would send the plants bolting before spring.
The lights will be running 12/12. Thai Basil is one of my favorite's when making the "Thai Fried Rice" dish. I'll end up growing half dozen basil varieties from the miniture Greek to the large leaf Genovese which goes great on pizza or the "king" of basils when making pesto. All basil, thyme, and oreganos will get pinched back while indoors to keep the growth habit tight. The lettuce will get "Scissored" as it grows both the leaf (for my plate) and the roots, which can become aggressive. The tray inserts I use have one large hole on the bottom, which makes the root trimming easy.
Keep your plants moist, do not let the soil dry out. Stress can send the plants off to seed early...

Nothing like a few fresh herbs to liven up a meal, Baker's Creek main headquarters is just 30 miles from me, Jere the owner is a good person and backs up what he sells if you have any problems feel free to call.
I like the lemon and lime Basils, they have quite a few heirloom tomato varieties and sweet and hot peppers including Bhut Jolokia. The Banana passion fruit is quite a rampet grower once it gets going the fruit are quite tasty it takes about 3-4 years from seed to fruit.

Thanks FireInTheHole I decided to go with Herbs and veggies because it would be a great way to combine it with my pepper powders or cooking. Herbs and Veggies are easy to take care and ready to use quickly. That is another reason why adding alot of the medicinal herbs.

Thanks Stefan

Thanks Greg for the information I will make sure to do that hopefully avoid it from going to seed early.

Thanks WildSeed BakerCreek is my go to place first for herbs and veggies seeds. That is awesome from looking at the pictures it would be a great place to stop by and look at everything they grow rather than stare at picture and wait. Wow 3-4 years that is interestign did not know that but it will be great to see it grow.

Well I ended adding a few more things on my nonpepper grow that includes:
Chinese Chives Mix (Garlic Chives)
Lettuce Red Romaine
Spinach Bloomsdale Long Standing
Roselle Thai Red
Dwarf Pak Choy
German Chamomile
Bee Balm Lemon
Toothache Plant
Bilko F1 Cabbage
Green Towers Romaine Lettuce
Pak Choy

Pics:
Veggies
DSCN1333.jpg

Roselle
DSCN1334.jpg

Purple Basil with guest
DSCN1336.jpg

Milk Thistle
DSCN1343.jpg

DSCN1344.jpg

Some of the others have just sprouted so hopefully soon more pics of those for the New Year
Everyone have a Merry Christmas and have a safe and happy New Year

I see you have some little friends keeping watch on things
Ya Baker Creek has really grown it took over a old bank in Cal. and up north east they bought a heritage seed co. plus they have turn s single little seed store into a a internet community and a go to place for just about any kind of heirloom and OP seeds. I've been to their Spring festivals which are quite nice they have several speaker that talk about a wide rang of garden and seed projects and some about Monsanto which I will not talk about GMO seeds. If you ever come this way make sure you stop by Baker's Creek or Baker's Ville as its called now.

Back