• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Outside temperature...

In fahrenheit (you can switch between F and C on that site), peppers generally don't like getting below 50. I see many nights in that forecast where it gets down into the high 30's, so would recommend you keep them inside a bit longer. Consider taking them outside a bit during the warmer part of the day to begin hardening them off, but definitely bring them back inside overnight. Search for "hardening off" on this site if you are unfamiliar with that term - failing to do so can cause damage to your plants.

In fahrenheit (you can switch between F and C on that site), peppers generally don't like getting below 50. I see many nights in that forecast where it gets down into the high 30's, so would recommend you keep them inside a bit longer. Consider taking them outside a bit during the warmer part of the day to begin hardening them off, but definitely bring them back inside overnight. Search for "hardening off" on this site if you are unfamiliar with that term - failing to do so can cause damage to your plants.

uh, there is no way to bring them all outside and inside every day.

west side window till may, that is the only possible solution at the moment.

While that would be ideal, that's not critical right now. (I don't know how many plants you have, amongst other things.) The thing that is critical is that, when you do take them outside, you must harden them off over a period of time.

While that would be ideal, that's not critical right now. (I don't know how many plants you have, amongst other things.) The thing that is critical is that, when you do take them outside, you must harden them off over a period of time.

I have 5 anaheims, 4 nagabons, 5 jalapenos and 7 chocolate cherry tomato plants.
no worries, will do all by the rules!
;)

I had 48 plants total last year, and found myself moving those around a LOT more than I wanted, to try to prevent storm damage and overwatering from the too-frequent rains we had. Agreed - what a PITA!

Back