• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Over did it with foliar epsom salt spray

So I over did it with a foliar spray with epsom salt and lost about every leaf over an inch big. I guess my plants had wilted but still had moisture from the spray.

The good news is the growth under them exploded and started growing faster.

I think I accidentally sprayed hours before they started to wilt, (because of being dry) then by the time I got back to them it was coating the leaves bad and screwed them royally. They were transplanted about a week ago and I had not watered them yet because i had a decent amount of water in my promix when I transplanted.

O well, I'm knocking off the super dead leaves to leave room for the fresh new ones to pop out.

I'm feeling like an idiot now. I really did a number on them.

I've had the same thing happen.... Combination of too strong of a mixture, spraying too much at a time and too often.... But then again I saw the same from too much at one time with a BER spray....
It's much more than a wilt from lack of watering, it's almost like a wilt and wind damage together.... The leaves recover sometimes but not completely....

How did you mix it and how much did you spray?

So I over did it with a foliar spray with epsom salt and lost about every leaf over an inch big. I guess my plants had wilted but still had moisture from the spray.

The good news is the growth under them exploded and started growing faster.
When you say you over did it was the ratio of salt to water to high, did you spray too often, perhaps you sprayed while under a strong light source?

Also forgot to mention when using a spray bottle swirl the solution around before misting, the salt or type of nutrients will pool on the bottom and that high concentration will be the first to exit the nozzle. Same goes with the watering can, when the water (+ nutes) are low in the can I'll add more water to dilute it further than to empty the last concentrated amount onto some young starts. I see various amounts of leaf edge burn in certain photos posted in the grow forums. Too much over usuage/dosage of plant chemicals. A little goes along way...

yeah it was over concentrated plus when the time my lights were coming on it had built up on the leaves and were drying to them which hurt them more.

Back