• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Over night leaf curl! .... or maybe two nights?

My 4 of my Congo Brown seem to have developed a slight leaf curl over night ... or two.
Either way, it was pretty fast. Watered with fish emulsion, seaweed, superthrive and tbls of epsom.
All in small amounts. Light 18 on 6 off cfl setup. Water when dry. All the research I've done points to calcium deficiency but I doubt it. The center of the curled leaves seem darker and have a gloss to them. Actually, all the leaves are darker green now. Could it be cause some of the watering solution got on the leaves? Over fed through leaves? Excessive Light? Any input appreciated. Before after photos below.

Leaf Curl 01-19-12

Sexy Looking 01-14-12

Plants got too dry. When this happen, the leaves curl inward to conserve water. Sometimes leaves also will drop as a survival mechanism.
Plants have been sitting in very wet soil.
Plants have alternated between very wet soil and very dry soil.
Plants have been exposed to high temperatures.
Plants have been damaged by herbicide drift. Just my 2 cents

From your list .... Plants alternated between very wet soil and very dry soil applies.

I let the peat pot dry out before I water thoroughly. I appreciate the input. I'll try to keep them at a steady moisture level.

And it could be what he said^^^ Maybe the nitro levels are to high. I use Alsaka fish fert with good results. The only downfall is that you can't store the remaining fert/water mix. Mix only what you are going to use.

I think I was just paying too much attention. I watered only with water and ignored them a bit. lol They are all doing great now. Maybe it was too much fertlizer and watered too much.

Also, turns out my timer was not working .... the lights were on 24/7. I think they weren't getting the rest they needed.

Back