• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Over night temps

So just checked the weather and it is supposed to be low of 52 tonight 59, 57, 61 for the following 3 nights. Then a low of 50 for friday night
Highs for thos days will be in the low to mid 70's

My question is, will the lows for the night be an issue? I was thinking of my plants out tomorrow after work, leaving them outside till Friday when i get home from work. They would not be outside oaver night with the lowest temp being 57.

Some are larger plants and I am sure they will be able to handle it, others have only their first set of leaves on so they are pretty much seedlings.
If nothing else I will be putting the larger ones out so they can harden off a bit before planting, which is soon, I hope.

The lows will not be an issue at all. Its when the temps reach the 30's that you do not want them outside

Thats what I was thinking with the lows. Was going to plant this weekend but held off after looking at the long range forecast, lows in the 30 this weekend Uggggg.

Do the lows for the week will be ok for the "seedlings" also?

Thats what I was thinking with the lows. Was going to plant this weekend but held off after looking at the long range forecast, lows in the 30 this weekend Uggggg.

Do the lows for the week will be ok for the "seedlings" also?

No, I wouldnt put seedlings in low temps. Seedling need warmth. Its the juevenile and adult plants that can handle the lower temp. I recommend temps of 60's-70's for seedlings. But they could probably handle 50s Im sure. But I woulndt go any colder then that for seedlings

That is what I was thinking also but this is my first year growing and wanted to check with those that have more knowledge and insight then I do.
Thanks

Looks like the i will be putting about 30-40 of my plants outside. Have some that could probably handle it (first set of true leaves) but dont want to chance it with them.

That is what I was thinking also but this is my first year growing and wanted to check with those that have more knowledge and insight then I do.
Thanks

Looks like the i will be putting about 30-40 of my plants outside. Have some that could probably handle it (first set of true leaves) but dont want to chance it with them.

Its a good idea to ask. Also a good idea to wait on the true leaves seedlings! Enjoy and happy growing

The lows will not be an issue at all. Its when the temps reach the 30's that you do not want them outside

I have to agree, i am in central florida, and i left mine out during nights like that, only thing that hurt were my bells, but we had two nights in the low 30's with frost and i left them outside about 4 weeks ago, but now they are comming back and a bunch of new growth.

So as long as they stay in the mid 40's and up at night you should be fine.

Will be putting them outside tonight. Highs in the upper 60's to mid 70's till friday, lows in the upper 50's to low 60's. Friday's low is 50 and it will pretty much stay that way for all of saturday. High is only supposed to be 57 and low of 40 so i will probably bring them in again on Friday after work. Think I am just going to leave the smalle ones in under the lights and let the larger ones have their first camping trip/sleepover outside.

Back