• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Overheated trinidad scorpions... Need help

I received my first batch of Trinidad Scorpion Butch T seeds from wildfire.com.au a week ago.... Planted them into a 10 cell greenhouse I had bought from Lowes.... They started off reall good; just broke ground 2 days ago.... While i was waiting for the first sprout to bust through i had ordered a heating mat and thermostat for my other greenhouse i am building for this guys... Well when I received them in yesterday i went ahead and wrapped the 10 cell with the mat and set the thermostat to 80... Well when I got home from work last night to check on them they where slightly brown looking and very wilted.... Is there any hope for these little fellas? Any advice would be greatly appreciated for this is my first time growing peppers....

what were your temps? was the soil @80? if the soil was at 80, you didnt overheat them. is the soil dry? How close are your lights? are they inside or outside? can you post pics?

Soil was at 92 when I got home last night... Dropped thermostat down to 75 after that, soil is and was damp, just started putting them outside as of yesterday... And they are outside as of right now, will be getting lights for them next week... Any advice on what kinda wattage? Cfl? Flouresent? As far as pics are concerned i will try and get some posted soon, cant do it right now for my internet is screwed up and I havent quite figured out on how to post pics to this site from my phone.... Sorry

I will post pics of my pitiful looking plants once I find out how to post pics of them on here as I had said in my previous post.

***edit....sorry, i went into details of how to post pics...then after posting realised that he was trying to do it from a phone!! ooops!

Alright... I talked with a neighborhood gardener and they said that I was pretty out of luck... And that they where burnt up... Sooo... Back to the drawing board for me.... But I question I do have is that what kinda lights would be best for these type of plants? Cfl? Flouresents? Wattage? Lumens? Any help would be appreciated....

i use a 400W HID light it came with two diffrent types of bulbs and has totaly kicked but growing my plants. bought it on amazon.com for like 120 well worth the money.

Thank you.... Ill go and check it out... Just received my 2nd batch of seeds today...ill be putting those to germination this weekend....

Ive had sever sunburned plants meself

Take like 3 weeks to see recovery. But still its a long painful process

Never will i shove peppers out again without introducing them to sun first

Sorry to hear this loss:(

Back