• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Overwintered Eggplant

Has anyone ever overwintered an eggplant? I seem to have done so accidentally. They were in a container with a basil I was trying to save. The basil didn't make it, but I noticed last night that the eggplant is putting out new growth. I can't remember the variety, but it's a long, slender purple fruit.

No but I hope you can and wish you luck!
I've just tried google and not come up with much.
Nothing like seeing an overwintered pepper spring back into life! :) Would be lovely if this works with eggplant! do you know what variety it is? Did it fruit last summer?

What do you mean by "eggplant"? is it an actual eggplant? also what do you mean by "overwintered"? actually overwintering a plant?

It all looks to me like code. :think:

Omri said:
What do you mean by "eggplant"? is it an actual eggplant? also what do you mean by "overwintered"? actually overwintering a plant?

It all looks to me like code. :think:

It is.

But if we tell you what it means, we'll have to kill you.

Biscombe said:
No but I hope you can and wish you luck!
I've just tried google and not come up with much.
Nothing like seeing an overwintered pepper spring back into life! :) Would be lovely if this works with eggplant! do you know what variety it is? Did it fruit last summer?

Oh yeah, it fruited nicely last summer, I grilled a bunch of eggplant along with the peppers. I bought the plants from a man who comes to a spring flower festival around here. He grows mostly heirloom tomatoes, but he has a few peppers and eggplants. I can't remember the variety, though.

Omri said:

Did I say we? That must be a typo. I mean, we, me, turn one letter upside down, you got the same word. Really, a typo, cause, there's just me, no conspiracy to see here, move along now, that wasn't a black helicopter, and we're going to find those weapons of mass destruction any day now.

heh, heh, heh nope, nothing to se...HEY LOOK OVER THERE! It's imaguitargod in a flying saucer!

Pam said:
Did I say we? That must be a typo. I mean, we, me, turn one letter upside down, you got the same word. Really, a typo, cause, there's just me, no conspiracy to see here, move along now, that wasn't a black helicopter, and we're going to find those weapons of mass destruction any day now.

heh, heh, heh nope, nothing to se...HEY LOOK OVER THERE! It's imaguitargod in a flying saucer!
Now if it wasn't so long, I would have used the quote as my signature. I like your sense of humor, and remember "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you". :lol:

Pam said:

so that's the kind of road trip he went on this weekend....and he didn't even invite me....dangit...I never get invited...:cry:

POTAWIE said:
I just noticed a mite problem on my eggplants but nothing on the peppers.

Was this in the spring before you put them out, or did you overwinter yours, as well?

POTAWIE said:
No just my eggplants from seed in the house. They were full of webs but should be ok now.

Ah, ok.

I think the aphids formed a neighborhood association in the cat room and banned spider mites.

Back