• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Overwintering - A New Guide added to the Chileman site

Great article Mark. I started to overwinter several plants this year by cutting them back severely and putting them by the window, but they didn't go into the semi-dormant stage but started growing lots of new shoots right away. Now I have them under fluorescent lights and they are becoming little bushes. I'm just worried as always about running out of space before spring. Next year I will try to give less light in the beginning and maybe keep them cooler.
Thanks again for the great tips.

Mark,

Good article. If there is one thing missing, it would be pest control. Unless it was beginner's (bad) luck, aphids vehemently attacked the three plants I'm trying to save. I was stunned by how much damage aphids could do in a day.

Happy 2008,

Mike

Definitely good info. Mine are shooting out new growth too Potawie. I can't leave mine in the ground, and the basement stays fairly warm. I have them under weak flourescents, but even so the stronger ones are getting bushy.

Back