• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Overwintering Superhots

HELLo. I haven't posted since last winter.
I'm still trying to overwinter superhots.
Last year I was trying to overwinter Reapers , Scorpions and Ghosts in 5 gal buckets inside my house.
They didn't quite make it through the winter. They died just before it got warm enough to set them outside.

This time I'm trying to overwinter Reapers and Ghosts the same way. ( I prune them and all that) and in 5 gal buckets.
I water them about once a month or whenever they look like they need watering.

Anything else I need to do to get them through the winter .
Right now they look good and green with green nodes and leaves.
The reapers I have sitting under my living room lamp shade.
The Ghosts I have back in the utility room by the water heater.

Anything else I need to do to get them through the winter.
Fertilizer maybe ...?

HELLo. I haven't posted since last winter.
I'm still trying to overwinter superhots.
Last year I was trying to overwinter Reapers , Scorpions and Ghosts in 5 gal buckets inside my house.
They didn't quite make it through the winter. They died just before it got warm enough to set them outside.

This time I'm trying to overwinter Reapers and Ghosts the same way. ( I prune them and all that) and in 5 gal buckets.
I water them about once a month or whenever they look like they need watering.

Anything else I need to do to get them through the winter .
Right now they look good and green with green nodes and leaves.
The reapers I have sitting under my living room lamp shade.
The Ghosts I have back in the utility room by the water heater.

Anything else I need to do to get them through the winter.
Fertilizer maybe ...?
Hi there

I'm no expert and I've killed a few chillie plant's trying to overwinter them........... :cry:

However I've finally managed it :dance:

This time I tried a different method on a Dorset Naga removed from it's 15 litre /20 litre pot cut back very hard ! Removed all the soil cut back and trimmed the roots washed them and down potted into a 2 litre pot this time I added alot of perlite and added blood and bone meal to the mix above it a good soaking.

I'm now pretty sure lack of drainage did for my other plant's........it looks a violent process and indeed it is but the result speaks for itself :thumbsup:

20221107_145228.jpg

20230103_134932.jpg

20230212_120507.jpg

I've recently potted it up from this 2 litre pot to a 5 litre pot

Hope this might help

Stephen

Back