• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ozzy's 2016 Grow

So here we go again on another glorious year to plan, plant, and pillage.  I'm going to start with my grow list which will get updated as I acquire more seeds.  If you're interested in trading or just want something I have and want to send a SASBE feel free to PM me.  I'll also put a list of seeds I'm looking for at the bottom.  Thanks for stopping by and good luck to everyone on their grow this season.

Annums:
Early Jalapeno
Biker Billy Jalapeno (Buckeye)
Purple Jalapeno
Poblano
Aleppo  (Judy)
Golden Cayanne  (Chocscotchbonnet)
Goats Weed  (Buckeye)
Cumra Cherry  (Judy)
Sweet Cherry
Mini Bells
Orange Thai (Romy)
Dragon Thai
Wild Grove Pequin (FLBorn)

Baccattums:
Aji Panca  (Judy)
Aji Mango  (Judy)
Aji Pineapple
Aji Brazilian Starfish  (Buckeye)

Chinese:
SB7J (spaceship and grass hut pheno) (Buckeye)
SB7J yellow  (Romy)
7 pot yellow  (Buckeye)
7 pot yellow brainstrain  (OCDChuck)
7 pot red brainstrain   (OCDChuck)
7 pot choc brainstrain (Lovespeppers)
7 pot white   (Buckeye)
7 pot burgandy  
7 pot BG   (Buckeye)
7 pot BG choc  (Romy)
7 pot primo (JCW10) 
Jay's Peach Ghost/Scorp (JCW10)
Nagabrain yellow (Romy)
Bhutlah (Romy)
Yellow Devil Tongue (Chocscotchbonnet)
MOA (Judy)
MOA red (JCW10)
P. Dreadie Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Freeport Orange Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Stuffing Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Carolina Reaper
Red Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Chocolate Bhut
White Bhut
Peach Bhut SS (Judy)
Caramel Bhut (Texas Hot Peppers)
Bhut Orange Copehagen (FLBorn, D3)
Chocolate Scorpian (Buckeye)
Ice Scream Scorpian BT (Buckeye)
Yellow Butch T (D3)
Fidalga Roxa (D3)
CPR (Butch T seeds)
BTR (Butch T seeds)
Caramel Moruga Scorpian (Judy)
Red Moruga Scorpian
Peach Fatallii  (OCDChuck)
Yellow Fatallii  (Helvete)
White Bullet Hab
Carribean Hab
Black Congo (OCDChuck)
Yellow Datil
Naga Morich
Peach Naga (Texas Hot Peppers)
Pimenta de Neyde (Judy)
Mystery Wine (JHP)
Mystery Citrus (GM if and when he sends them to me ;) )

Pubes:
Manzano (not sure if yellow or orange, they were mixed up)

Crosses:
Tepin x Lemon drop F2 (OCD chuck)
Aji Pineapple x Butch T Yellow (D3)
Paper Lantern Hab x Butch T yellow (D3)

(Note: This list is forever changing lol, like most)

Trades:
I'm still interested in getting more Thai varieties or colors.  If there is something else not on my list though I may be interested in it as well.

Over winters are still doing well.  Lots of new growth.

Nice list Ozzy. I do not have any of your wish list otherwise I would send them. I cannot get motivated to figure out what I want to grow next year. My freezer is still full and I have an abundance of sauce, powder, jellies and purée. I think once the holidays have passed I will figure it out and get going. Good luck!

tctenten said:
Nice list Ozzy. I do not have any of your wish list otherwise I would send them. I cannot get motivated to figure out what I want to grow next year. My freezer is still full and I have an abundance of sauce, powder, jellies and purée. I think once the holidays have passed I will figure it out and get going. Good luck!
Lol I have quite a few bags in the freezer too.  I'm hoping to bust the smoker out one night this weekend and smoke a bunch of them for some more powders and purees.

You still have plenty of time to figure out your grow.  I just had time and I was seperating seeds out for a couple of trains, so I figured why not.  Might get some trades going too :).  Thanks for stopping by Growdown Champ!

Great List!! The Early Jalapeno is one of my favourite Jalapeno- Peppers. Great heat and sets a lot of peppers!
And you got another one of my favourites as well: The Aji Pineapple. Great, very freh, taste and huge harvests! :)

Looks great Ozzy. I'll be dropping MOA red (pods from Wicked Mike) and JPGS seeds in the Scorched train. Have a feeling I'm not the only one who'll contribute those. Shoot me a PM if you just want to get it directly from me.

Genetikx said:
Looks great Ozzy. I'll be dropping MOA red (pods from Wicked Mike) and JPGS seeds in the Scorched train. Have a feeling I'm not the only one who'll contribute those. Shoot me a PM if you just want to get it directly from me.
Awesome...I was hoping one of the trains I was in would have them.  Anything in particular you'd like to see in the train?

Nice list.
Flavor wise I am finding I like the Aji peppers. Maybe next year I will add the mango and pineapple.
Best of luck with the 2016 grow.

CheriLBW said:
Nice list.
Flavor wise I am finding I like the Aji peppers. Maybe next year I will add the mango and pineapple.
Best of luck with the 2016 grow.
I have a buttload of both of those seeds if you want some.  Just send a PM.  They're both super productive.

Ozzy2001 said:
Awesome...I was hoping one of the trains I was in would have them.  Anything in particular you'd like to see in the train?
Not that I'd expect to get them all but these are most appealing.

Aji Mango (Judy)
Chocolate Bhut
Peach Bhut SS (Judy)
Peach Fatallii (OCDChuck)
Mystery Wine (JHP)

Still upset at myself for not growing jalapeno last year. 80 plants you'd figure I'd have room for one. Also curious if Judy's chocolate scotch is much different than a hab. Mystery Wine looks great too

Genetikx said:
Not that I'd expect to get them all but these are most appealing.

Aji Mango (Judy)
Chocolate Bhut
Peach Bhut SS (Judy)
Peach Fatallii (OCDChuck)
Mystery Wine (JHP)

Still upset at myself for not growing jalapeno last year. 80 plants you'd figure I'd have room for one. Also curious if Judy's chocolate scotch is much different than a hab. Mystery Wine looks great too
Some of those I just ordered or haven't grown out yet. Others will be on the train. I'll PM you later when I get home.

I've got some different Thais--they're more of a Birdseye Thai, about 1.5" long when ripe (longer when green, weirdly) and sweet-hot. Is that what you're looking for? They're pretty productive reds, small plant. I'd be interested in MOA yellows.

I started 24 different varieties the other night, so I'm just waiting for some taproots before I drop them in some dirt.  Starting with the Chinese seeds first since they take the longest to spit out some pods.  Once I get through all the Chinese, I'll move on to the Aji's, Pubes, and Annums.  I'm excited to have some pepper seedlings going again.  The hardest part right now though is going to be formalizing a final grow lists, if that's even possible.  I've already done quite a few trades and the trains are moving through.

I'll need to sit down and figure out if I want to make the plot I used last year bigger or add another one.  Pretty sure I'm going to add at least one smaller one for some other vegetables.  Weed control will get a little more attention this year as well.  Last year the weeds were absolutely out of control.  It was partly all the June rain we had last year that helped them grow.  Once they did, they just kept on seeding out more.  It was a vicious cycle that never ended.  I have some weed barrier that I will put down.  I was just too lazy too excited last year to take time to put it down. 

Back